Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

How to forward email f/ Hotmail/Yahoo to Gmail?

• Please log in to reply

Lydi

Lydi

• PipPip
  • 30 posts
How can I forward my email from Hotmail and Yahoo accounts to my Gmail account??

I want Gmail to be my universal email manager -- or do you know any better??

But the problem is that Hotmail doesn't allow email forwarding (POP), nor does Yahoo -- only on paid accounts.

Is there an aplication I can use for my purpose?

Thanks for your help!

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Free Yahoo accounts that are old enough (created before April 24th 2002) still get Free POP3 access. Those made after that date, um, don't.
Hotmail has never previously supported POP3, in fact it used its own unique configuration that Outlook Express used to be able to talk to - until Microsoft withdrew the entire offer in 2004. Now Windows Live Mail is available the procedure is possible once again through that program only, though POP3 access is available if you pay for it, though this may change.

That being said, a copy of Thunderbird and the appropriate Webmail extensions will effectively allow one to use Hotmail accounts like POP3. Yahoo Mail IIRC you can set a filter up to forward mail automatically without having to do it manually.