Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Images Aren't Working

• Please log in to reply

radioactive-hobo

radioactive-hobo

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Okay.. I'm not good at explaining things so I've taken these screenshots:

Posted Image

Posted Image
Pictures won't even come up for certain programs on my computer x.x

See how none of the images will show? I just get the little square/circle/triangle thing. Now, if I left click and select "Show Image" I can view the image, but honestly, that gets pretty annoying after awhile. This started after I ran a scan with Malwarebytes (if its helpful I can copy/paste the report here). After the reboot this started happening. No idea whats going on. If you have any help do me a big favor and talk to me like I'm three. ^^; I don't know alot about this tech stuff and I'm a little slow on the uptake.

Anywho... PLEASE HELP ME! *sob*

Advertisements

Broni

Broni

Kraków my love :)

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,300 posts
Go Start>Run ("Start Search" in Vista), type in:
sfc /scannow
Click OK (hit Enter in Vista).
Have Windows CD/DVD handy.
If System File Checker (sfc) will find any errors, it may ask you for the CD/DVD.
If sfc won't find any errors in Windows XP, it'll simply quit, without any message.

ComputerSponge

ComputerSponge

• Pip
  • 8 posts
try a different browser and see if you have the same problem. it could just be a setting in IE somewhere

radioactive-hobo

radioactive-hobo

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Broni: I ran the scan and it found no problems. Any other suggestions?

Sponge: That’s what I figured was wrong… sadly I can’t try a different browser because I have hellishly slow dial up =X

radioactive-hobo

radioactive-hobo

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Oh gosh... I figured out the problem. Under internet options the box for "Show Images" wasn't marked. :) *sigh* stuff like that always seems to happen after I run a scan. *shrugs*

Thanks for the help anyway, guys!

Broni

Broni

Kraków my love :)

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,300 posts
Sometimes, self-help works too...:)