Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Rundll32.exe Problem

• Please log in to reply

FoxHound26

FoxHound26

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hello, I'm new to forums on the topic of computers so I'm not exactly sure on how to do this, but I'll try my best. Lately, while browsing the internet, I've been receiving random pop-ups of various types, with the most annoying one being an Internet Explorer window with infinite tabs opening up. It's only been getting worse too. I suspected adware, and trojan, and performed a couple of scans, and I thought I was good.

Later though, I've realized that the ads had come back, and I was extremely frustrated. I ran another scan, and about 30 different infected objects were found, and it was getting out of hand. I've been doing digging on my computer and realized I have a corrupt rundll32.exe file, and it's size is 32.5 KB rather than 68 KB. I looked for the back-up but it seems to be infected. I tried replacing it but it comes back instantly. It drops random .dll files onto the computer and they come back when I delete them. Their names are like dijukigo.dll, and jejobadi.dll and they come back as different files whenever I delete them.

Here's my HijackThis file:

Please, if anyone could help that would be great! :)

Advertisements

makinu1der2

makinu1der2

• PipPipPip
  • 182 posts
Hello FoxHound26,

Hijackthis Logs can only be reviewed in the virus/malware removal forum.

I recommend that you proceed to the malware removal forum.

Follow the link below and follow the steps first.

After completing an expert from that forum will assist you in the cleaning of your system.

http://www.geekstogo...-Log-t2852.html

Please follow the steps listed in the thread as you may be able to clear most or all of your problem.

If your are still having problem after running the various steps and scans then you will be able to post

a log for one of the experts to examine. Once following the steps and posting the logs please

be patient as that is a busy forum.