Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Quick Question about Windows Recovery Console

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

ReinSTONED

ReinSTONED

• PipPip
  • 27 posts
In the guide to use ComboFix, http://www.bleepingc...to-use-combofix
I need to get the Window Recovery Console thing installed on a computer without internet.
Where could I download it?

Advertisements

shinybeast

shinybeast

• PipPip
  • 14 posts
Hello ReinSTONED,

You can try RC.iso here (Sorry, link is dead)

Edited by shinybeast, 26 January 2009 - 06:52 AM.

jt1990

jt1990

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,519 posts
Do you have the Windows CD for your computer? If so you can boot to the RC from there as well...

shinybeast

shinybeast

• PipPip
  • 14 posts
There is a link in response 4 here. Haven't used it myself, so use at your own risk. You could also borrow an XP CD to use and/or install it onto your system if you don't have an XP CD. There may be usability issues if it doesn't come from the same version of XP that is installed on your computer.

Edited by shinybeast, 26 January 2009 - 07:04 AM.

Rorschach112

Rorschach112

Ralphie

• Retired Staff
  • 47,710 posts
I am closing this

ComboFix is only to be run when a supervised and trained staff member tells you to. You are not supposed to run it yourself.

I suggest you read the actual warnings on forums, in particular the one in the link you posted, which says

You should not run ComboFix unless you are specifically asked to by a helper.

DO NOT run it yourself. We do not want users doing it themselves, it doesn't help out things on our part. I suggest you have some patience and let a staff member reply to your HJT Topic