Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

ACER travelmate 8215WLMi Laptop + XP PRO

• Please log in to reply

3zhap

3zhap

• PipPip
  • 13 posts
Hey everyone, forgot my old account password so I had to make a new account..

Ummm, I have a problem,
I own an Acer Travelmate 8215WLMi Laptop, it had viruses so I formatted it and installed XP Pro.
Soon after I formatted, I realised the laptop didnt come with a CD, just a manual (with what the buttons do.)
I thought, that's okay, I'll just download the drivers. I have two computers so I was going to download it on the working computer and then put it on USB and setup.exe on the laptop.
However, I can't find any drivers and now I'm missing:
GFX CARD DRIVER - ATI Mobility Radeon X1600 (seems abit slow when dragging windows etc..)
802.11a/b/g wireless LAN driver. (can't connect to the internet now.. so I can't even connect to the net to search hardware devices to add)
Bluetooth 2.0+EDR
OrbiCam (webcam)

Any ideas?
This is my dad's laptop, he's going to kill me if it doesnt work!!

Any replies at all will be appreciated,
Thanks,
Jason.

Advertisements

Gnomad1600

Gnomad1600

• PipPipPip
  • 160 posts
Should be able to find them at Acer support. Look for Travelmate 8210 model, should be the same drivers for yours.

3zhap

3zhap

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
I've tried downloading for the 'Euro-Acer' website, and all the .zip files were corrupted, no matter how many times I tried re-downloading them.
Wasted at least 700megs on that today.
Will try that website now.
Thanks alot, mate.

3zhap

3zhap

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
Downloaded "TM8210_80211abg.zip" which is the only wireless file there.
"Intel ProWireless 3945abg Driver v10.6.0.29 TravelMate 8210 Windows Vista "
Can't seem to make it work though, main thing I'd like to work on the laptop is the internet. Pretty useless without it.
Ran both "iProDifX.exe" and "DPInst32.exe", nothing seems to have installed even if the installation status bar and window comes up, runs and closes :S

3zhap

3zhap

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
Omg, it says Vista, I think that's why..
There's none for XP ??? [bleep]..

3zhap

3zhap

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
I think I know how to fix it, I'll need to use and DOWNLOAD "Acer eRecovery Management"
Can you help me find it for Windows XP Pro. can't seem to find it anywhere!
Once I download this software, I should be able to reinstall all default drivers!
Please and thank you.

Gnomad1600

Gnomad1600

• PipPipPip
  • 160 posts
Try the Acer Travelmate 8200, there are drivers for XP. It is the same series so you should be able to use the drivers.

3zhap

3zhap

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
I installed Vista, it detected most of the drivers.
Thanks anyway, mate. Appreciate it.