Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Login Screen

• Please log in to reply

woodworks

woodworks

• PipPipPip
  • 357 posts
Hey folks:

I am wondering if there is a way to not have to login every time I turn on the computer.

When I first got this thing, I could boot up and leave and come back and it would be ready to go.
Lately it came up with the login screen and I have to wait and then click on the sign in.

I would like to know if I can disable this and let it boot up without going through this.

Thank you

Advertisements

makai

makai

Portlock - Oahu

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,793 posts
This normally happens when ASPNET user account is created. Normally due to installation of Netframework 1 (or maybe also 2).

The typical symptom is having the logon screen show up when in fact it didn't show up before... even though your account is the only one on the machine.

Go to Start... Right click MyComputer and choose Manage.
Expand Local Users and Groups, then click on the Users folder.
If there is an ASPNET user account, right-click on it, choose Properties, then put a check mark in "Account is Disabled", then click OK.

The next time you start your computer, you shouldn't see the log on screen.

Edited by makai, 26 January 2009 - 08:49 AM.

woodworks

woodworks

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 357 posts
Thank you.

I did what you instructed and it worked just fine.

I had tried to install both print master and photo shop and I couldn't get either one to work for me. That is when it started making me click on my name. So I am glad to get it fixed.

Thank you again. BTW, I like your avatar.

woodworks

woodworks

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 357 posts
I should have come back sooner.

I did as you said and it worked on one computer only. It won't work on three others. Any suggestions for them?

Thanks again for the help

Edited by woodworks, 07 February 2009 - 10:47 PM.