Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Port Fowarding

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

Vedorin

Vedorin

• Pip
  • 6 posts
So i'm in a lab computer class and i really would like to be able to set up my home pc as a proxy to surf any desired webpages from school. Or to play mmos etc. There is a large patch panel with all our connections and a server computer running windows 2003 server. any suggestions as to how i could set this up, if at all. i have the admin info, but i don't know how to make myself an admin through the network. the school runs novell but the lab class uses the windows login in conjunction with the server.

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
This is most likely breach of your school's internet policy.
Even to get to your PC it would still go through the school's system in the first place.

skyhintack

skyhintack

• PipPipPip
  • 186 posts
Vedorin,
This topic violates the Terms of Use here at Geeks to Go.

You may post content on this site, so long as the content is not: Illegal,...

Using a proxy to bypass settings set by an administrator violates our Terms of Use and we will not help anyone do so. Your administrator(s) have put those restrictions in place on purpose and they're meant to be there for a reason. It would be wise to stop such illegal activity as your school system wouldn't be very happy with such plans either. I'd suggest you review the Terms of Use you agreed to when you registered here.

Thank you,
Sky