Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows - No Disk error. I need help.

• Please log in to reply

Beanbandit27

Beanbandit27

• PipPip
  • 50 posts
I was trying to install a program and when I did, I got this error message...

Windows - No Disk
Exception Processing Message 0xc0000013 Parameters 0x000007FEFD837240 0x0000000000000004 0x000007FEFD837240 0x000007FEFD837240

I clicked on continue 3 times and it went away, but when the actual program started, it gave me the same error message and will not go away. I had to use task manager to stop the program. Can anyone help me out with this one?

Advertisements

xBPM07x

xBPM07x

• PipPip
  • 53 posts
What application was it? What were you doing while it was installing? Also, for now, if you don't want it poping up every time your computer starts, follow these steps:

1. Click Start
2. Then Run
3. Type in "msconfig"
4. Go to the last two tabs and look for the application
5. Uncheck the box by the application name

Beanbandit27

Beanbandit27

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts
No, it's not a startup application or anything. It's a MAME32 application a friend of mine gave me, but it doesn't seem to want to work on my computer. But an older version of the app that he had worked just fine on my computer. I thought it was kinda odd that the older version worked, but the newer version didn't. What happened was I unzipped a self extracting archive to a folder. That part went ok, but when I tried to start the program, I got that error. When I got it to go away, the program's gui started up and the same error message popped up again. What do you think is going on?

xBPM07x

xBPM07x

• PipPip
  • 53 posts
Is this the application you are talking about?

http://mame32.classi...ng.gamespy.com/

If so, I think the reason is because you are using a 64 bit operating system, and it is coded for 32 bit. Your friend might have thought you were using 32 bit, but the last time he gave you a 64 bit edition. Try downloading this version, found on this page.

Please report back, and if this does not solve your problem we can try other solutions.

Edited by xBPM07x, 26 January 2009 - 05:16 PM.

Beanbandit27

Beanbandit27

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts
Tried it. Exact same behavior. The older version that I tried that worked is MAMEFX32 v.123. I found it odd that this older 32bit version would work on my system and the 64bit version doesn't.