Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Epson Printer to Dell 610 Laptop Connection?

• Please log in to reply

tishasmom

tishasmom

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I have a dell 610 laptop using windows xp. I purchased a Epson Stylus NX400 and need to know the proper cables to connect it to my computer. Went to Circuit City where I bought the printer and asked and was sold wrong cables. Can anyone help? Just need proper connection from printer to computer. I am on verizon broadband if that helps. :) :)

Advertisements

makai

makai

Portlock - Oahu

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,793 posts
You need a USB cable. Go back to the store, talk to someone there, show them what printer you bought and have them physically check the printer USB port. Tell them you're going to connect it to your laptop USB port. I can't believe they sold you the wrong cable when you went there the first time. Also, I looked up your printer and the "connectivity" specs are USB 2.0, but the cable is not included with the printer! What's up with that???

Good luck!

tishasmom

tishasmom

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Thanks so much for your help.