Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

HP Color LaserJet 2550 Help

• Please log in to reply

BHollander

BHollander

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I have a Dell Desktop that I just purchased. I am using my old hp color LaserJet 2550 PCL 6 printer and the printer is hooked up to the desktop and local printing works great. The problem is that I have a laptop, too and I need to be able to print from that, too. My laptop is on a workgroup/domain for work that cannot be edited. I need to find a way to share this printer between the network without editing the workgroup/domain on my laptop. Can anybody help me with this?
Thanks in advance :)

Advertisements

tjmcs

tjmcs

• PipPipPip
  • 226 posts
BHollander,

Not much of a novice, but I have been on a work network myself. Our admin had to clear and do anything we needed done on the network like that. There may be another way, but I would start with him.

tjmcs