Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

cant burn from my pictures or documents

• Please log in to reply

cynthia29

cynthia29

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi< I need some help regarding burning from My pictures and documents. here is my story Can someone please help me as to how to burn from my pictures… At xmas I burnt a CD of pics, all I did was click start, then pictures. I selected which pics I wanted and then I clicked Burn. then something pops up and asks me what I want to do and then I say write them or something to that effect, NOW I try to do the same and it is not working what happened and why isnt it popping up and asking me it doesnt tell me that there are files waiting to be written PLease help me this is bugging me, I dont know if I need the writing wizard thing, or if the auto play isnt working, or if its a driver issue, I know the burn button doesnt work and the pop up doesnt comeup asking me where to send it or what. The little balloon doesnt tell me I have files to be written.I havent seen that what is that called??I have windows vista inspiron 530 if that helps cynthia you can email me direct at in the topic line put vista help thanks . I know this isnt the best way to burn but something isnt working and I dont like that. thanks

Advertisements

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Hello cynthia29...

Give this a try:

Select the pictures (or any other file), right click on it, point to "Send To", and choose your cd burner from the menu. If there is a disk in the drive, Vista will tell you there are files waiting to be written with a balloon in the lower right corner of the screen...click the balloon to start the operation.

If there is no disk in the drive, Vista will prompt you for a disk and will still tell you that you have files waiting to be written.

This is the only "Burn" option I know of that's native to Vista.

wannabe1

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
If the options for burning aren't present as you indicated in your PM, it may be in the settings.

Click the Start orb and click on "Computer". Right click on the optical drive you want to use for burning and choose "Properties"...click on the "Recording" tab. Is this drive selected in the top box?