Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Need help removing Virtumundo/Vundo

• Please log in to reply

Bxscig

Bxscig

• PipPip
  • 11 posts
My parents infected their laptop with that I believe to be Vitrumundo or Vundo. I had tried spybot to remove what I could and what was left I think is Vundo. I had also used VirtumundoBeGone.exe and Vundo.exe to fix when I had did a few google searches.

I've posted the VBG.txt, Hijackthis log and OTScanIT2 logs

Any assistance is greatly appreciated.

Attached Files

• Attached File  VBG.TXT   8.07KB   185 downloads

Advertisements

Bxscig

Bxscig

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
Sorry, here are the additional log files

The OTScanIT log was too big so I had to zip it

Attached Files

Edited by Bxscig, 26 January 2009 - 09:23 PM.

emeraldnzl

emeraldnzl

GeekU Instructor

• GeekU Moderator
  • 20,051 posts
Please download ComboFix from one of these locations:

NOTE: If you are guest watching this topic. ComboFix is a very powerful tool. The disclaimer clearly states that you should not use it without supervision. There is good reason for this as ComboFix can, and sometimes does, run into conflict on a computer and render it unusable.

Link 1
Link 2
Link 3

* IMPORTANT !!! Save ComboFix.exe to your Desktop
  • Disable your AntiVirus and AntiSpyware applications, usually via a right click on the System Tray icon. They may otherwise interfere with our tools
  • Double click on ComboFix.exe & follow the prompts.
  • As part of it's process, ComboFix will check to see if the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console is installed. With malware infections being as they are today, it's strongly recommended to have this pre-installed on your machine before doing any malware removal. It will allow you to boot up into a special recovery/repair mode that will allow us to more easily help you should your computer have a problem after an attempted removal of malware.
  • Follow the prompts to allow ComboFix to download and install the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console, and when prompted, agree to the End-User License Agreement to install the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console.

**Please note: If the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console is already installed, ComboFix will continue it's malware removal procedures.

Posted Image

Once the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console is installed using ComboFix, you should see the following message:

Posted Image

Click on Yes, to continue scanning for malware.

When finished, it will produce a log for you. Please include the C:\ComboFix.txt in your next reply along with a new HijackThis log.

Note: Unless otherwise instructed always post the logs in the forum. If reports don't fit on one post. It might be necessary to break the logs up to get them on the forum. Just use as many posts as you need, that's fine. :)

emeraldnzl

emeraldnzl

GeekU Instructor

• GeekU Moderator
  • 20,051 posts
Due to lack of feedback, this topic has been closed.

If you need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member. This applies only to the original topic starter. Everyone else please begin a New Topic.

Bxscig

Bxscig

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
Here are the files

Attached Files