Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Need MP3 Player!

• Please log in to reply

jaxisland

jaxisland

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,703 posts
I need a MP3 player that will play music continously while it charges. Its going to stuck in a server room playing the music for the phone system when you are on hold. So far I cannot find one that will allow you to do both. Any ideas or experiences?

Advertisements

sari

sari

GeekU Admin

• Community Leader
  • 21,806 posts
  • MVP
What's the input into the phone system? There are a lot of docking stations for MP3 players that charge while they play. I was thinking that depending on what the input to the phone system is, maybe an MP3 player with a docking station might be the answer, if you can find one that would also provide output to something else.

jaxisland

jaxisland

Member 1K

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,703 posts
The input is a standard 3.5mm headphone jack. Now you and I are thinking along the same path, I dont know if I google fail today or something, but I have not been able to find one that has a charge/output dock or the ability.

Thank you for th help :)

sari

sari

GeekU Admin

• Community Leader
  • 21,806 posts
  • MVP
The other thought I had was if you had the space, set up an older stand-alone PC that's running a music player constantly on shuffle or whatever. If it has speaker output, it could be connected to the phone system.

I did a Google search on "mp3 docking audio output" and came up with possibilities. I don't know if you already have the MP3 player - knowing the type would help. I easily found iPod ones, and have also found one for a Sansa.

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
MOST mp3 players have the ability to use a Dock (like the ipod dock or with the creative lines they've got docks as well) that will let you charge the player and play music at the same time

another option (the way i used to play music for my phone system before i got wise and got an IP PBX) is to either transfer the MP3's to a server/computer in the room or play a cd in the CD drive of the server/computer and hook the output from the server over to the phone system

jaxisland

jaxisland

Member 1K

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,703 posts
I do not have a mp3 player right now. Im looking at the Creative Zen Mozaic. I believe I can use my apple usb to ac wall adapter to charge it and then plug it in and it should work.