Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Limited or no connectivity problems

• Please log in to reply

nickynoodles

nickynoodles

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts
Nothing either when I disable firewall :)

Advertisements

nickynoodles

nickynoodles

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts
Ahh sorry, Yes, you helped us with the router when we had trouble connecting the xbox a while ago - however I lost the WPA Code and when I enter what I think it is - it just says the same cannot connect message

Dan

Dan

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 1,771 posts

however I lost the WPA Code and when I enter what I think it is - it just says the same cannot connect message

This is most likely the problem. On your computer (not your sons :)), can you please do the following:
Launch your preferred Internet browser (i.e. Firefox, Internet Explorer, etc) and in the address bar type 192.168.1.1 -- this should open your routers configuration page. I'm not sure what your router's default password is; do you know the password for your router? I can't find it online anywhere -- do you have your router's manual? Alternately, check the actual router itself, as it may be printed on there. If you can login, your wireless details (i.e. the WPA passphrase) should be under Wireless Network or Security.

nickynoodles

nickynoodles

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts
Right I have done that and have the key code - how do I transfer that onto my sons laptop?

Dan

Dan

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 1,771 posts
Is there no option to show the passphrase, and thus type it manually into your son's laptop? Or, do you have any other machines connected wirelessly?

nickynoodles

nickynoodles

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts
AHA!!!! - that was it Dan - Once again you have talked me through something I would never have thought possible! Bless you - thank you so very much - we will have 1 happy lad when Reece comes home tonight :) :)

Dan

Dan

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 1,771 posts
Fantastic :) I'm glad we were both on at the same time; much faster :)

Happy to hear your issue has been resolved; if you have any other questions/concerns, please don't hesitate to ask.
- Dan

nickynoodles

nickynoodles

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts
:) I had been keeping an eye out to see when you are on, it definately did save time.

thanks again x :)