Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

dual hard drive boot

• Please log in to reply

ruffus

ruffus

• PipPip
  • 35 posts
Original system was RAID 0. One drive went out.Bought identicle 500 gb Seagate sata and installed it.
Upon boot all went well,boot screen gave me a choice of which to boot to.At a later date had to reformat
C and do a reinstall,all works fine but now on boot I get a message that MARVELL RAID is searching
for a raid configuration,and can't find it "hit space to continue".And does go to my C drive.
The system operates fine on both drives,no problem there.I just can't get back to the selective
boot up.With drives connected to SATA"0" and SATA "1" that is what I have.Right now I have
to disconnect the "0" cable and connect it to SATA "1". to use that drive. With both drives connected in Windows
Explorer SATA"0" comes up as "C",and SATA"1" comes up as "E".
in SYSTEM bios I have drive config set to SATA/AUTO/IDE.I did find in system info signed drivers
MARVELL 61xx RAID CONTROLLER
MARVELL CONSOL
Also in sys info sys. drivers.
MRAID 35x
I am running WINDOWS XP PRO on both drives service pack 2.
Not sure if I can do this thru registry editor or not.
I think because the computer came set up for RAID"0" that I am
getting this because of the manufacture software and drivers on
there cd when I reinstall.Just can't figure it out because I had it working once with
selective boot.Thank you all for any input in advance.ruffus,

Advertisements