Need help with internet
Posted 27 January 2009 - 06:00 PM
Posted 28 January 2009 - 06:39 AM
Did you mean Linksys WRT54GS? Are you attempting to connect via wireless or Ethernet? If wireless, do you know what type of encryption/security is being used on your router (i.e. WEP, WPA, none)? Creating a wireless connection is pretty straight-forward, so just answer the above questions and we should be able to get you going.
Posted 28 January 2009 - 10:43 AM
Posted 29 January 2009 - 05:58 AM
To connect via wireless, please follow the steps located here. If you actually use Ethernet, then it should be pretty much plug n' play on Vista.
Im using internet
You will need to get the WPA passphrase from your dad in order to be able to connect. That site has pretty straight-forward steps, however if you run into any issues, please post back and I can walk you through it.
Posted 29 January 2009 - 01:26 PM
Posted 30 January 2009 - 06:27 AM
- Press Start
- In the Start Search field type network and select Network and Sharing Center
- On the left hand side of the screen, select Set up a connection or network
- From the list of options, select Manually connect to a wireless network
- Press Start
- In the Start Search field type devmgmt.msc and then press the ENTER key.
- In the Device Manager, expand Network adapters
- Under Network adapters, you should see your wireless adapter; do you? Does it have a red 'x' or a yellow '!' beside? Does it state it is running properly in it's settings?
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users