Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

3 pixel wide horizontal line

• Please log in to reply

-OCM770-

-OCM770-

• PipPipPip
  • 434 posts
Problem started today while i was reading some documents. A 3 pixel wide line that crosses the whole screen popped up. It is near the bottom of the screen. The thing is the pixels don't stay in a fixed color but rather change according to the background, they take a while to change though. For example right now some of the pixels are gray, others bright blue, others dark blue, others green and the rest red as i am typing. On boot all pixels in those 3 lines are white, after logon they are bluish, so they change according to the background, but most of the time they are just gray.

What do you recommend me to do?

BTW: Im on an Acer Aspire 5735Z, the display is a WXGA 15.6" LCD

Advertisements

Broni

Broni

Kraków my love :)

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,300 posts
See, if same thing happens in Safe Mode. If not, then most likely, you need to reinstall video driver.

-OCM770-

-OCM770-

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 434 posts
I can see it when i boot into the BIOS.... it is not windows (pretty sure anyways)

Broni

Broni

• 12,300 posts
Then you may have a problem with on-board video chip, which in case of laptop is never good.

-OCM770-

-OCM770-

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 434 posts
Its not that either, i connected my laptop to a monitor this morning and the line was not visible on the monitor.

Broni

Broni

• 12,300 posts
Laptop's screen issue?

-OCM770-

-OCM770-

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 434 posts
Yeah that doesnt really help me, are they stuck pixels? because they change color... Can it be fixed? What is it? Do i have to replace the screen?

Broni

Broni

• 12,300 posts
I don't know much about laptop's screen technology, but try this: http://www.computerh...ic,53099.0.html

-OCM770-

-OCM770-

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 434 posts
I ran it 12 hours last night over the line and it didnt fix it

Broni

Broni

• 12,300 posts
Well, unfortunately, I don't have any more ideas, short of taking it to the shop.

Gnomad1600

Gnomad1600

• PipPipPip
  • 160 posts
I had an Acer with the same problem, when I squeezed the screen at the top of the line it went away. It must have been a break in a trace above the screen. This one was under warranty so I sent it back.

123Runner

123Runner

Member 4k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,527 posts
Just as an FYI, stuck pixels are usually only 1 or 2, not a entire line.
As suggested, it sounds like a bad display.