Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

ehRecvr.exe - application error

• Please log in to reply

hut1hut2

hut1hut2

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I am having a problem with my Media Center Receiver Service, ehRecvr.exe. A few weeks ago it started and would give an error every time I booted my PC, and maybe one or twice after that. Now today it goes down over and over again. I looked at the Event Logs and it has:

Source:Service Control Manager
Category: None
type: Error
Event ID: 7031

Description:
The Media Center Receiver Service service terminated unexpectedly. It has done this 1 time(s). The following corrective action will be taken in 5000 milliseconds: Restart the service.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft....link/events.asp.

When I went to the link it had be go to a command prompt and run "sc query ehrcvr' to find the win32 exit code value, which is 1067. but it didn't tell me what to do with it.

My computer is running Windows XP Media Center Edition.

The only thing I remember loading around the time this started was a new game called Two Worlds. And since I beat the game I thought I would uninstall the game and maybe the problem would go away. now it seems like that may be causing it to fail more frequently, unless it has something to do with Windows Updates which were loaded today.

Any help / direction on how I might be able to resolve this issue would be greatly appreciated.

Advertisements

Anthony19

Anthony19

• PipPipPip
  • 384 posts
Hello hut1hut2

May i ask do you have a TV tuner ?

Because when windows uses automatic updates, some certain updates don't seem to get along well with TV tuner's

try uninstalling the update to verify weather it was the update that caused the problem in the first place...

Good luck with the issue

Anthony19

PS: the win32 exit code value 1067 is telling you the process terminated unexpectedly... ( just for your peace of mind :))

Edited by Anthony19, 28 January 2009 - 01:15 AM.