Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

DrWatson (drwtsn32) + Can't open any win explorer window RESOLVED

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

chunmiki

chunmiki

• Pip
  • 2 posts
When I reboot my computer, it starts normally. All messengers, iTunes, and firefox opens normally, but I can't seem to access my start menu button, my documents, and recycle bin even if I use the "open file" option in the file tab of firefox. The browser just suddenly hangs itself.

I tried deleting drwtsn32 from the task manager processes list and my computer unfroze. Unfortunately, every time I try accessing My Docs or Explorer, drwtsn32 pops up again and everything's once again whacked. How do I permanently remove drwtsn32 or how do I fix the problem of my computer?

There's also this small red shield with a white X icon that pops up with the message: Security system has detected spyware infection)

I really need your help. :)

Here's my HijackThis log.

This log was taken during the non-hanging, non-MyDocs accessing, non-drwtsn32 present in task manager state of my computer

Edited by Rorschach112, 28 January 2009 - 07:16 PM.
removed log

Advertisements

chunmiki

chunmiki

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
I fixed my own problem using this URL:

http://www.geekstogo...-Log-t2852.html

No longer needed to reach step 5.

and I couldn't figure out how to delete my post, so I replied instead.

RESOLVED.

Rorschach112

Rorschach112

Ralphie

• Retired Staff
  • 47,710 posts
Glad that worked, it if returns, head over to the malware removal forum