Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

IE7 Hanging

• Please log in to reply

sizzle

sizzle

• Pip
  • 7 posts
Hi once again, I hope you maybe able to help me, since I installed 3 updates from windows on 23/1/2008 since then I have been having trouble trying to connect to my web browser (google) which is continually hanging.

Sometimes its OK and I can connect first time other times it can take me 10 - 15 minutes to connect due to the hanging and the problem with trying to close the screen which can atke 3-4 minutes

I have looked at the error log a copy of which is here:-

28 January 2009 Application Hanging Hanging application iexplore,version 7.0.6000.16762, hanging module hungapp, version 0.0.0.0, hanging address 0x00000000.
28 january 2009 Application n Hang. Fault bucket 1015682910.

Having read a few bloggs on yours and other sites and thought it might have been a malware problem so I carried out the following operations with no solution to the problem.
Ran Regcure, ATF Cleaner, Malwarebytes Anti -Malware, Spybot, AVG Antivirus scan, I even tried to restore my system before the 23 January but was unsuccessful as I kept getting an error message "can,t install this restore point".

The three Windows update were, Office Live Add-in, Samsung Display Syncmaster Magic, T200/T200G (Analog) and Windows Search 4.0 for Windowss XP (KB940157), I have removed the last update as I thought it may have been the cause of the problem.

Thank you in anticipation of your assistance.

Sizzle

Advertisements

karbo

karbo

• PipPipPip
  • 131 posts
Not all third-party toolbars will play nicely together in IE, especially Google & Yahoo toolbars.

Does the behavior persist if you start IE7 in No Add-ons mode? To start IE7 in No Add-ons mode:

- Right-click on the blue IE desktop icon and select Start without Add-ons; or

- Start | (All) Programs | Accessories | System Tools | Internet Explorer (No add-ons)

or

If still no joy, you could try to reset your IE7 in the options under Advanced.

Edited by karbo, 28 January 2009 - 01:18 PM.

sizzle

sizzle

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
HI Thanks for your reply. I have disabled the Add-ons as suggested and IE seems to work every time. I have tried 10 times each with Add-ons on and off, 10 out of 10 for Add-Ons off, 5 out of 10 for Add-ons on. Regards sizzle

karbo

karbo

• PipPipPip
  • 131 posts

HI Thanks for your reply. I have disabled the Add-ons as suggested and IE seems to work every time. I have tried 10 times each with Add-ons on and off, 10 out of 10 for Add-Ons off, 5 out of 10 for Add-ons on. Regards sizzle

You're welcome! :)