Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Sound problem

• Please log in to reply

Qin

Qin

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I have run into a problem with my sound. When playing a game it will after some time start to screatch, pop and hiss. This last a second or 10, after that all sound except music comes back.

The computer has worked with the current configuration without problems.

First time i had it was a couple of weeks ago duting WoW i would get this and also during SWAT4 that i was playing. Tried most of the anti spyware stuff, virus checkers, drivers etc.

In the end i wiped XP and reinstalled it new, drivers etc.

Had WoW installed and a few other games, and been running them without problem for several weeks now.

This afternoon after installing Sacred and its new expansion the problem returned. It also installed some media player codecs. I had this game also installed before i had the problem the first time.

I'm hoping somebody has some new ideas or suggestions to try.

Qin

Attached Files

Edited by Qin, 07 May 2005 - 03:26 AM.

Advertisements