Well that knocked me offline for over a week...but I'm right back where I started...albiet WORSE!!
Here what I did.
1) I disconnected from my internet.
2) I removed Norton Antivirous
3) Tryed to remove Spyware Decetor
3a) It hung up and gave me a message about my Printer software.
3b) Removed Printer Software
4) Removed Spyware Dector
5) Ran Windows CD
It gave me the option of installing new or repair.
I picked repair
6) It finished fine
7) Reinstalled Norton and ran it
It found nothing
8) reinstalled Spyware detective
It now thinks I have two of them
there are two icons at the lower right on the tool bar
on runs the software the other does nothing
9) Ran Spyware Dector
It found a slew of stuff
10) Quarentined it all
11) Tried to reconnect to my internet and it asked for a USB drive
Had to wait for Comcast to send me that (a week)
12) Started to update windows
13) Had to remove the 4 pack from the list and download the others
14) Went back to windows update page
It now said to download the 4 pack
15) At the end of that, I rebooted
16) I then tried to go back to the update page and get the rest of the updates
17) I get the following Error (See Attachment)
18) Spyware Dector will not run and returns the same error
19) I have the microsoft Update icon at the lower right stuck at 0% again