Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

• PipPipPip
  • 144 posts
I like to think im patient but when i see people posting a week after me and getting a reply before me I start to lose it:

please dont ignore my post

i think my graphics card but also my pc in general may be underperforming and was wondering if you could possibly shed some light on the situation. I play world of warcraft a lot and ive been told by many people who know what theyre talking about that I should be running at the max framerate with my current machine, instead it is very slow, bumpy, patchy and runs at 20fps or less sometimes. Here is my current machine, please help:

Windows XP home edition
Gigabyte 946-s3
2046mb RAM
NVIDIA Geforce 8800GTS 640.00MB

although i do slightly disagree that this machine would run wow at maximum framerate, i do however think i should be running a lot smoother than 20fps, but sometimes it is even lower than this and my machine seems to struggle when there is a lot going on on screen.