Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

HELP! Monitor not recieving Signal

• Please log in to reply

tmox64

tmox64

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hello -

After installing a new stick of RAM, PC 2700 I turned my computer on it gave one beep. All fans started working but my monitor said check signal cable..... I uninstalled and reinstalled video card and still got check signal message. I tried the video card in my other computer it worked fine. I tried the new stick of RAM in my other computer it worked fine. I tried the monitor with my other computer and it worked fine. I checked all connections on the MOBO and everything was connected and after four hours of checking and rechecking I still get a check signal message. Please help if you can. :tazz:

Advertisements

Samm

Samm

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,476 posts
The problem in that case is not the monitor or the cable. The reason you are probably getting that message is because the system isn't passing the POST test. Simply put, when you turn a computer on, a series of tests are performed before the system will send a signal to power up the monitor. This lack of signal from the video card to the monitor is the reason for the message.

Have you tried removing the new RAM module & then booting up?