Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

OMG this is embrassing, where do I plug things in?

• Please log in to reply

Browneyedgirl79

Browneyedgirl79

• PipPipPip
  • 120 posts
k guys, i'm real confused. :)
I took out the hard drive, and the power supply, and had tried parts in another computer, had no luck, so I wanted to put it back together. Now I cant figure out what ribbon has to plug to the HD and to the motherboard. I google images but they only show side views. Can someone tell me where to plug these back in :)

TIA

Advertisements

Broni

Broni

Kraków my love :)

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,300 posts
What exact cables are you confused with?
Did you check motherboard manual?

Browneyedgirl79

Browneyedgirl79

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 120 posts

What exact cables are you confused with?
Did you check motherboard manual?

Hi, I dont have the motherboard manual, these are computers that someone just built for me and then some I got from friends of friends and stuff.

If you see my other post youll see whats been happening, basiclly Computer A would just randomly shut off, so I thought it was the power supply, changed that, and it still did it. I took that HD out and connected to another computer to try n get my pics off of it. Everything seems to load fine when I did that, but not able to find the pics. So I wanted to just put the computers back together and for some reason its saying floppy disk error and shutting off, like I did something wrong. (when I say floppy disk error, I mean on computer B, the ones I took parts from that was working fine)

I dont understand why the computer A just runs for a few then shuts down. It dont even give an error msg or anything. :)