Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

System Idle Process?

• Please log in to reply

Anthony19

Anthony19

• PipPipPip
  • 384 posts
First things first , one step at a time :)

About the Pins....

RAM Modules will come in 168pins, 184pins, and 240 pin Modules. 168 is SDRAM, 184 is DDR RAM, and 240 is DDR-2 RAM

also , you might want to consider the " Speed " of the module

open everest , click motherboard, then click spd look at the Memory speed , EG: PC3200

as for question 1.

try this , right click on my computer , select properties then click the hardware tab , and open the device manager

is there a yellow exclaimation mark on the network adaptors , click to drop the drop-down menu and right click on the device ( if any ) and select properties and check the device status

as for quest 2 , if there is no problems with the moniter , leave it :)

and as for quest 3 , is your internet slow ??? , and is your computer connected to multipul computers ???

IF NO , leave it :)

Somone else may have another opinion , but i dont know alot about it ( so i wouldn't suggest to enable it (Enable IP header compression to increase network speed) )

maybe google it and see if it will be of any benifit to you...

Good luck with the issue

sorry about sloppy post ( iam in hurry lol )

Thank you for your time

Anthony19

Advertisements

LOCOprobe

LOCOprobe

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts
Post wont sloppy at all, I am just glad for the help haha.

As for the ethernet, I checked it all out and it says everything is working properly. but anytime I plug in an ethernet cable it always says "network cable unplugged" or something along those lines. Like my comp. thinks its working fine, but it doesnt reconize that anything is plugged into it.

Ill leave the moniter alone haha

Yes my internet does run pretty slow, and for some reason haveing internet explorer open is a pretty big drive on my comp. I have a wireless router that 3 comp. are using.

Thanks alot for your time

Anthony19

Anthony19

• PipPipPip
  • 384 posts
Are you sure the Plug is secure in the ethernet port ??? and the locking tab is not broken...

Edited by Anthony19, 05 February 2009 - 11:43 PM.

LOCOprobe

LOCOprobe

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts
ive tried many cords, same thing for all. its no big deal really though. Thanks alot for all your help

Anthony19

Anthony19

• PipPipPip
  • 384 posts
No problem...

Glad to be able to help assist you..

With the internet issue however , i advise you to download ATF cleaner from http://www.geekstogo...ner-file21.html

Open the cleaner and select " Select all " and then empty selected

you can also try " CCleaner " and just use the cleaning feature , i would not reccomend running the registry cleaner... if you do be sure to backup the registry first incase somthing doesnt go to plan

Good luck , hope this will increase your internet speed

Anthony19

PS: with ethernet iam begging to think maybe faulty jack

Edited by Anthony19, 05 February 2009 - 11:49 PM.

LOCOprobe

LOCOprobe

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts
I have ATF cleaner, it helped a little.

Yea it must be a faulty jack, oh well haha.

thanks alot

Anthony19

Anthony19

• PipPipPip
  • 384 posts
NP , glad to be of assistance

Let us know if you have any other problems or contact an admin if you need this topic re-opened

Thank you for your time

Anthony19