Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

DVD ROM cannot play DVD

• Please log in to reply

TheWern

TheWern

• PipPip
  • 82 posts
Hi digital masters,

Another problem Toshiba A60 EA60-155. Model PSA67E.
This has occured after having used the recovery DVD Rom to zero and reload all the softward.

Everything works except the DVD Rom wont play or read DVD's. It will read CD's OK, but not DVD's.

Using Windows Media Player 11 (I have tried AVS Reader which doesnt work on this machine) the laptop recognises the DVD, open the screen, then comes up with the message
" Windows Media Player connot play this DVD because there is a problem with digital copy protection between your DVD drive, decoder, and video card. Try installing an updated driver for your viedeo card.".

I searched for solutions online and installed XP Codecs which has not helped at all. The Windows site doesnt seem to help and the Toshiba site doesn't seem to have any download that will help either.

Any ideas,

Thank you.

Advertisements

TheWern

TheWern

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts
I decided to use a different recovery DVD and start again - guess what ? It's all sorted out.
It might not have needed the other disk - poss just a reload from the recovery disc -

But anyway it worked.

Thanks for looking though.

:)