Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

WLM 9 Error 81000306 XP operating system

• Please log in to reply

xerosin

xerosin

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Ok, I just upgraded to Windows Live Messenger 9 Build 14.0.8050.1202

Well, to get to the meat of the problem, I keep attempting to log into my account but I keep getting error message 81000306.

In troubleshooter, everything is verified up until the key ports. I clicked repair and that didn't seem to have any noticeable effect apart from eating my CPU.

I have checked many places about this problem and nothing has worked.

Help would be appreciated

xerosin

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
There is no Messenger 9, unless you mean Windows Live Messenger 2009.
Error 81000306 is a ports issue which may be caused by firewall software on the computer and/or in your router.
Did you upgrade to this Messenger 2009 or did you uninstall the previous version, restart the computer and then install 2009?

xerosin

xerosin

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Did a full uninstall and restart. And yes, I do mean WLM 2009, and I checked the above mentioned and it didn't help