Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Need help removing malware...

• Please log in to reply

callman

callman

• PipPip
  • 29 posts
I have a Windows Server 2003 and started seeing some suspicious. I have installed Malwarebytes and Spybot S&D. Malware finds and removes the entries but they seem to come back. When they come back Spybot wants to block them. Can someone please help me get this server cleaned up? Also I am assuming since this is on a network it is possible that this machine could have infected others. Is this a true assumption?

Thanks
Charlie

Advertisements

Rorschach112

Rorschach112

Ralphie

• Retired Staff
  • 47,710 posts
Please go to the malware forum and follow the instructions at the top....Especially the CLICK HERE.

That will give you several steps that will help you clean up 70 percent of all problems by yourself. If at the end of the process you are still having difficulty--and you may not be-- then post a hijackthis log in THAT forum.

callman

callman

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
I have ran these test or at least the ones that would run on Server 2003. When I ran the Malwarebytes the program seems to remove the bad files but they seem to come back.

Not sure if i need to start another thread but I have another machine evertime I select a .exe file i get a xxx.exe Bad Image Error. The error states c:\windows\system32\gasegeze.dll is not a valid Windows Image. I have searched for that .dll online and cant seem to find out anything about it. I get this message evertime a .exe has tried to run.

Thanks for your patients if I am not at the correct place please let me know.

Thanks
Charlie

123Runner

123Runner

Member 4k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,527 posts
If you have 2 computers with 2 different issues, I would post them separate, otherwise it would get rather confusing.

callman

callman

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
PLease close this thread.. For now it seems to be clean and thanks for everyones time and help.

Thanks
Charleu