Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

800x600 on a 1680x1050 monitor

• Please log in to reply

n0ng33k

n0ng33k

• PipPip
  • 87 posts
Hi all,

I recently bought a new computer from Dell, and I have a problem with the 20" monitor that came with it. The monitor itself works like a charm and performs great, my problem involves the resolutions.

In a nutshell, I would like to play CS and CS:S at 800x600, but my monitor's native resolution is 1680x1050, which makes everything super stretched and ugly when I make it go to 800x600. Is there any way to make 800x600 look 'normal'? I've heard of fixed aspect ratio?

Thanks.

Edited by n0ng33k, 30 January 2009 - 12:41 PM.

Advertisements

makai

makai

Portlock - Oahu

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,793 posts
Your graphics driver will determine where to look for the adjustment. Normally the adjustment will be in Display Properties>Settings tab>Advanced. Look for a Monitor, or Display tab. Somewhere there you should see different scaling options.

n0ng33k

n0ng33k

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 87 posts
Being new to Vista as well as a REAL graphics card I am kind of lost at this step. I have a 3450, am able to open the Catalyst Control Centre, but then get lost as to what to do. Help! :)

makai

makai

Portlock - Oahu

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,793 posts
Like I said, your display driver will determine where to adjust the settings. I don't use the driver you're using and it's possible, not many people here do either. So... you will have to become more self-reliant! Here is a screen shot of a version of Catalyst that might give you a hint of where to look...
[attachment=26919:ati1.jpg]