Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

BSOD - watchdog.sys?

• Please log in to reply

RIGHTMANGO

RIGHTMANGO

• Pip
  • 1 posts
So did you get this fix? I have the exact same problem since downgrading cyberlink.

Advertisements

Gabriel Pedersen

Gabriel Pedersen

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I too have this problem, but i don't know when did it start.. maybe a month ago, but i don't know what triggered it..
It mostly happens when watching videos, or while playing a game.. Any Suggestions?
Thanks!!

fatman845681

fatman845681

• Pip
  • 1 posts
ok i play bioshock 2 and every time i try during the game my moniter becomes checkered out and then my computer crashes BSOD what do i do

alanapp

alanapp

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I know this is older but I had a customer with this problem and this is what I found. watchdog.sys is a part of win xp and later.The watchdog defines a time threshold. If a thread spends more time in a display driver than the threshold specifies, the watchdog tries to recover by switching to VGA graphics mode. If the attempt fails, the watchdog generates bug check 0xEA, THREAD_STUCK_IN_DEVICE_DRIVER. The typical fix is a new graphics driver. At times actually removing the old driver and installing a more current one is required. In one instance a specific game could not work with one specific card, the only solution was running the game in very low graphics mode (no fun there) or replacing the video card.

RKinner

RKinner

Malware Expert

• Expert
  • 24,598 posts
  • MVP

Most likely cause is a bad video driver.  What make and model PC do you have and if it has a separate video card what make and model?