Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Blank messages

• Please log in to reply

jt1990

jt1990

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,519 posts
For some reason lately, I seem to be getting a lot of blank messages in Outlook Express. No subject, no message, no address, no nothing. Just a blank message. They usually come in groups of 5 or 6 at a time, and seem to come rather randomly. Is this some new spamming scheme? Does anyone know what's going on?

Advertisements

karbo

karbo

• PipPipPip
  • 131 posts
Where do they come from? You must have an address? Look in the message's properties to see the details, like IP addresses.

Edited by karbo, 30 January 2009 - 07:12 AM.

jt1990

jt1990

Member 1K

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,519 posts
Nope, no IP Address, no message source, completely blank message.

karbo

karbo

• PipPipPip
  • 131 posts
So, you're saying that when you right-click on Properties, nothing at all appears? Weird!

jt1990

jt1990

Member 1K

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,519 posts
Absolutely nothing. Yeah, that's what I thought :) I was just wondering if there was anyone else who had this odd phenomena or if Cyberspace is just picking on me, which I wouldn't be surprised if it was... :)

:)

karbo

karbo

• PipPipPip
  • 131 posts
I think there are paranormal activities going on with your computer. :) You should see a priest. Is your computer screen turning around by itself in a 360° angle? :) Perhaps someone is attempting to communicate with you from beyond... :)

Edited by karbo, 30 January 2009 - 08:29 AM.

jt1990

jt1990

Member 1K

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,519 posts
Haha...I've done some quick research, and found some suggestion that full temp files could be causing it, which doesn't make any sense considering I ran ATF cleaner just the other day... :)

karbo

karbo

• PipPipPip
  • 131 posts
Or you could contact your ISP. They might have a clue.

123Runner

123Runner

Member 4k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,527 posts
You can try putting a cross on it to ward off evil spirits.
I do that with equipment I work on that has "unexplained". My customers get a kick out of it.