Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Accessing Yahoo mail

• Please log in to reply

bucksalum

bucksalum

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Good Evening. it's good to be back here.

I have a three week Studio 1537, 4GB, p8400 processor, and Vista home premium. While a beautiful machine, my Inspiron XPP runs circles around it.

I am unable to access only Yahoo mail as of two days, and after 10 years of success.

Yahoo's message box states that ...problem with Cookies". I am well above average and have tried everything except Trend's firewall and anti-virus settings. I tried access through mail2wed unsuccessfully. The message was that .....unable to access.." and nothing else.

I have had nothing but major issues with this laptop. We'll get to those later

thanks.

Advertisements

Jacee

Jacee

Malware Expert

• Expert
  • 994 posts
  • MVP
You checked your firewall and antivirus for possible blocks?

bucksalum

bucksalum

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
I have a more serious issue than I thought.

I am being redirected to "about:blank" and cannot access either Yahoo mail or Gmail, but can open a browser and do anything else. I think I'm hijacked. I also think a logitech mouse may be contributing to the problem. I'm disconnecting it to see what happens.

Do you recommend I go to the malware forum, or try steps before I do so? I don't want to flood your malware forum with potential malware when it can be more easy to take care of this than other more misfortunate people with more serious infections.

Thanks.

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Hello bucksalum...

Please do try the malware forum first. If there is an infection present, and it sounds like a very strong possibility, it would be better to have a clean machine to work on. Getting things cleaned up may even eliminate the problem. If it doesn't, or your machine turns out to be clean, return to this topic and we'll dig a little deeper.

wannabe1