Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Olympus Master 2 Error

• Please log in to reply

jackimac

jackimac

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Hi everyone!!

Please, please can someone help!! I have been using this Olympus Master 2 program in conj with the Olympus digital camera we have. The software has been working fine up until a few days ago. Everytime I try to get in to have a look at photo's or upload from the camera I keep getting the following error message:

Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library
Program: C:\Program Files\Olympus\Olympus Master 2\MMonitor.exe
This application has requested a Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.

Has anyone ever had this issue before?? I have tried uninstalling it but I keep getting a message saying 'fatal error during installation'. I've also tried uninstalling in safe mode but this has the same effect. It's driving me nuts as I have a lot of photo's on there and I can't access them!!! I have recently installed a new anti virus called Trend Micro. Could this have upset Olympus in some way?? I've also recently had a virus removed prior to installing the new anti virus. Could this have damaged the program in any way??

Any suggestions anyone has would be gratefully appreciated.
Cheers
:)

Advertisements

123Runner

123Runner

Member 4k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,526 posts
Welcome to geeks to go

I assume you are talking about Olympus Camedia master software. If so the proper version for XP has been 4.0 and above.
Anyways, to answer your question, the Trendmicro could have messed with it (unlikely tho), or the virus you had could very well have done it.

If you had the virus taken care of, and you are clean, (and clean in your restore points), you can try a restore prior to the time the problem occurred.
You will lose any programs you installed, such as trend micro, but will not lose any data.

Your pictures are not lost. They should be saved somewhere on your hard drive. Do you know where you stored them?
Try searching for them.

jackimac

jackimac

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Thans for your suggestions 123Runner. How do I restore prior to the problem??

123Runner

123Runner

Member 4k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,526 posts
Assuming XP....

start/ programs/ accessories/ system tools/ system restore.
and then follow the instructions on the screen.

jackimac

jackimac

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Great will try that and let you know how I go!!
Cheers