Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

When i shut down it brings up ending program sample

• Please log in to reply

karbo

karbo

• PipPipPip
  • 131 posts
The shutdown process is lagging for a reason I don't fully comprehend. I'll have to look further into this. I'll let you know.

Edited by karbo, 30 January 2009 - 04:02 PM.

Advertisements

anjan73

anjan73

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
ok i'll check tomorrow Thanks for your help

:)

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Hello anjan73...

Take a look in "Add or Remove Programs" and see if you have Intel PROset installed. If you find that it is installed, remove it and see if the alert ceases.

wannabe1

karbo

karbo

• PipPipPip
  • 131 posts
Something is definitely taking time to end before the shutdown process can begin. She does have a wireless connection, on a laptop, so it's possible she may have the Intel PROset wireless software on her computer. But why uninstall this program? Won't she loose her connection? She might be able to disable it in the services, if it shows there? Anyway, I don't see the PROset icon in the systray.

Edited by karbo, 30 January 2009 - 05:33 PM.

anjan73

anjan73

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
Have removed intel proset, still have wireless but also message still pops up when i shut down ????

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
The other most common cause of this alert is a virus...let's get that checked next.

Please go to the Malware Forum and follow the instructions you'll find there.

That will give you several steps that will help you clean up 70 percent of all problems by yourself. If at the end of the process you are still having difficulty--and you may not be-- post a hijackthis log in THAT forum. Do Not reply to or "bump" your own topic...if it shows a reply, it may be overlooked as one that is being worked on.

If you are still having problems after getting a clean bill of health from the malware expert, please return to this thread.

cgos

cgos

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I know this is an old thread but the usual fix for this problem is to re-enable the Spectrum 24 Event Monitor service using msconfig. If you have an Intel ProSet WiFi card in your laptop and have disabled this service, you will get that pop-up during shutdown/restart.