Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Firefox Crashes On Opening; IE Works Fine (Windows Vista)

• Please log in to reply

rudeboyjohn

rudeboyjohn

• Pip
  • 3 posts
here is my Hijackthis log:

other important information: when the desktop materializes i run Mozilla Firefox and it crashes, after i do scans with: Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, Spybot Search & Destroy, SUPERAntiSpyware & Lavasoft Ad-Aware, Mozilla Firefox runs without crashing, then i shut down and have the same problem when i run again

yours
rudeboyjohn

[attachment=26898:hjt.txt]

Advertisements

sari

sari

GeekU Admin

• Community Leader
  • 21,806 posts
  • MVP
rudeboyjohn,

This isn't the forum for hijackthis logs, but before I move it, do your scans report that they've found malware? Malwarebyte's anti-malware, for instance, should report information on what it's found with the option to clean it.

rudeboyjohn

rudeboyjohn

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
each of the malware scans usually show something, and i clean it, and this seems to make firefox crash

sari

sari

GeekU Admin

• Community Leader
  • 21,806 posts
  • MVP
I think your best bet would be to run Malwarebytes again, but save the log that comes up - it should pop up in Notepad, like HJT does. Then go to the Malware Removal forum and include both logs. It sounds like something keeps getting re-installed. Someone there will help you out.

rudeboyjohn

rudeboyjohn

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
thanx