Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Remote Desktop Black Screen

• Please log in to reply

ejf071189

ejf071189

• Pip
  • 3 posts
I used to use remote desktop all the time with no problems. Recently I reformatted my Desktop and since then, whenever I try to use the remote desktop client from my laptop to connect to my desktop, both the screen the client window and the desktop go black. If I stay connected long enough it eventually tells me I lost connection, and whether this happens or I just close the connection before it does, I am unable to reconnect. Even after all of this, the screen on the physical desktop is still black and inaccessible unless I do a hard reset. No hardware changes have been made...the only difference I can think of between now and before I reformatted is that I've been using the windows live mesh service, which has its own remote connection service which may be causing some form of interference.

So far this problem has caused me hours of frustration reading forums pointing nowhere and inaccessibility to my desktop abroad. If anyone can solve this problem, I can't even begin to describe how helpful it would be!

Thanks for any help.
--Evan

Advertisements

ejf071189

ejf071189

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
No one has any ideas?