Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Internet explorer freezes or will not load

• Please log in to reply

lilsweetness94

lilsweetness94

• PipPip
  • 24 posts
HI.. I had a previous topic here I had plenty of infections on my computer. Here is the link to that topic in case youw ould liek to review...

http://www.geekstogo...ns-t225765.html

After we fixed everything with my infections. When I click on Internet Explorer (IE) it will take about five minutes to load or will freeze and not load and i have to restart my computer and reset my modem and wirelss router.

I did get a "This page cannot be displayed" window the last time from IE and I ran Windows Diognostics and it had the following diognosis

"Windows had detected an a problem with Winstock Provider Catolog on this computer. This catalog allows programs to communicate with this computer across the network. Would you like to reset catalog to the default configuration. (yes/no) Windows will need to restart to reset configuration."

I click yes and restart computer but I still get the page cannot be displayed

Can oyu please help on what I need to do or check. or can it be another infection I have.

Thanks much in advance!! :)

Advertisements