Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Java May not be allowed access

• Please log in to reply

Oblivionon360

Oblivionon360

• PipPipPip
  • 261 posts
I am not on my computer at the moment so I may not be able to provide accurate information on a day by day basis. When I try to access Yahoo games or Pogo the games do not load. Also the Multiple picture frames you see next to my name in this post with Homer do not appear on this computer. I originally thought it was a problem with Java and when I installed the latest Version of Java it did not help. This computer (my girlfriends) has TrendMicro AV on it. I don't know how else to explain this. I did not know if there are access restrictions on Windows that might not allow access to certain types of online Java Apps or if it might be trend micro but any help in this issue would be of great appreciation.

Advertisements

Oblivionon360

Oblivionon360

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 261 posts
Update: I do not have much of an update. I know that it is not HyperText Transfer Protocol images them selves that are unable to load because when i veiw a HyperText Transfer Protocol GIF image, it pulls up fine. I am posative i have the most current version of Java. Also im sure that Windows Live games use Java and i do not have any problems with that. I dont know if its because IE has a setting that bans certain Java Scripts.

Holkeye

Holkeye

• PipPip
  • 37 posts
Get Firefox, and see if the applets load in that.