Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

msn homepage automatically loads at start-up, part of my background

• Please log in to reply

sells40

sells40

• Pip
  • 4 posts
everytime my wife logs into her username msn homepage automatically loads and covers up the background picture. I've tried everything, i can not remove this from starting up. When I log on to my user name it loads the right way... what do you guys think?
thanks
J

Advertisements

karbo

karbo

• PipPipPip
  • 131 posts
What have you tried? Are you talking about the Internet home page or the wallpaper?

sells40

sells40

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
i've tried to change and reload my background and still the web page covers half of the screen. It's like i'm on the net only i can't shut it down. I went into msconfig and tried to change my start up process, looked into bios and to see if anything could be done there. Still it loads.??

karbo

karbo

• PipPipPip
  • 131 posts
Try this:

1- Open your Display Properties by right-clicking on the desktop and left-clicking on Properties.

2- Open the Desktop tab.

3- Click on Customize desktop.

4- Click on the Web tab.

5- Uncheck My home page.

sells40

sells40

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
thanks, i'll try that.