Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

RAM Identifier Utility

• Please log in to reply

Webslinger64

Webslinger64

• PipPipPip
  • 567 posts
Once upon a time, somebody at GTG here provided a link to a program/utility that ran a diagnostic on the RAM in my computer and identified the type of RAM I could run and the maximum RAM I could run. Anybody know what that program might be?

Advertisements

kamille316

kamille316

• PipPipPip
  • 604 posts
Hi konakula29er,

The one I know is not really a program but an online scanner, check out Crucial System Scanner Tool.

Kamille

Edited by kamille316, 01 February 2009 - 01:15 AM.

makai

makai

Portlock - Oahu

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,793 posts
If you're talking about your P4 machine, then it supports up to 2gigs of ram (unvalidated)... HERE are the specs. Since it originally had a 400MHZ CPU, I'm going to guess it currently has 266Mhz ram modules, but you can download CPU-Z and see if it can identify the ram (SPD tab).

Webslinger64

Webslinger64

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 567 posts

Hi konakula29er,

The one I know is not really a program but an online scanner, check out Crucial System Scanner Tool.

Kamille

That was the one I was looking for.

Thank you!

Webslinger64

Webslinger64

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 567 posts

If you're talking about your P4 machine, then it supports up to 2gigs of ram (unvalidated)... HERE are the specs. Since it originally had a 400MHZ CPU, I'm going to guess it currently has 266Mhz ram modules, but you can download CPU-Z and see if it can identify the ram (SPD tab).

Not this time buddy. Actually looking at my step-son's computer. He has 512MB RAM and wants to max it out. I used crucial before to determine the amount and type of RAM for my computer. Just couldn't remember the dang website. I maxed out the RAM on my computer before upgrading the processor. It is 333MHz. Makes you salivate when you see DDR3 RAM 1866MHz.