Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

I believe i have a Vundo virus of sometype on a school issued laptop [

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

izzy1290

izzy1290

• Pip
  • 6 posts

ok so i dont know how this happened but i was watching some videos from sidereel and all of a sudden my computer screen went blue and it told me to restart my computer. i used firefox to surf the web and this has never happened before.

well i have Mcafee installed in this school issued laptop (i attend Insight school online and they sent this laptop for me) but not quite sure what version it is thats installed.

so when i restarted and then went back onto firefox and everything seem normal. well i was google-ing something and i tried to click on the link for the result and it took me to another website, like another search engine or something. so i thought it was a mistake and i tried clicking on another link and it did the same thing so then i just copied and pasted the url into the address bar and it took to the real page. so at this point i was worried something was wrong with my computer and it might have been infected with a virus. ive never had a virus on any of my computers ever so this is all new to me.

i then went to the Mcafee icon on my task bar and i clicked VirusScan Enterprise and i did on-demand scan on my whole computer. so it found like 30 something files and said that all of them were deleted and that it couldnt find anymore viruses. so i thought it was all clean again. well after the virus scan i could no longer open firefox, it would always say a bug happend and if i would like to report it to firefox so they can look into it and it didnt let me go back on it. i even tried re installing different versions of it and fire fox will no longer work on my laptop. so i was using internet explorer to try and find an alternative web browser that was compatible with my school because IE was impossible to use because i couldnt load any page all the way and i always heard some clicky noise and i think it was pop ups trying to pop up but the pop up blocker didnt let them. some would get through and it was annoying.

so i finally found out that safari worked out good with my school and i was able to see and load all any website. but now every time im surfing the web at random times the On-Access Scan message thing keeps popping up saying it detected some file with a virus and it tries and deleted them, some are able to be deleted and some arent. so my dilemma is that i cant be surfing the web without this thing constantly popping up and saying i cant clean or delete the file.

this is what it says,

Name:EAMKYA.DLL
In Folder:C:\\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32
Detected as: Vundo
Detection Type: Trojan
Application: C:\WINDOWS\systems32\msfeedssync.exe
Username: NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM

i dont know what to do. ive read some thread about somethings similar but dont even know where to start with any of this so can someone please give a step by step on how to even get rid of this virus because i really need this computer to be in a good condition because it isnt mine. its the schools. so any help would be appreciated.

and sorry for the long post but i needed to be as detailed as possible because like i said dont know much about this stuff and needed you guys to know exactly how it went down.

please reply asap!

i posted that at McAfee forums and they sent me here after cleaning my system up a lil bit with super antispyware free and then they told me to use hijackthis and get the log and post it here for further help.

so if anybody is willing heres the log:

Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.2
Scan saved at 4:45:28 AM, on 2/1/2009
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v8.00 (8.00.6001.18241)
Boot mode: Normal

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\WIDCOMM\Bluetooth Software\bin\btwdins.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\LEXBCES.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\LEXPPS.EXE
C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\HP Quick Launch Buttons\QlbCtrl.exe
C:\Program Files\McAfee\Common Framework\UdaterUI.exe
C:\Program Files\McAfee\VirusScan Enterprise\SHSTAT.EXE
C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPEnh.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Acronis\Schedule2\schedhlp.exe
C:\Program Files\Acronis\TrueImageEchoWorkstation\TrueImageMonitor.exe
C:\Program Files\McAfee\Common Framework\McTray.exe
C:\Program Files\Acronis\TrueImageEchoWorkstation\TimounterMonitor.exe
C:\Program Files\ContentWatch\Internet Protection\cwtray.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\igfxtray.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\hkcmd.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\igfxpers.exe
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12\GrooveMonitor.exe
C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_07\bin\jusched.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\igfxsrvc.exe
C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
C:\Program Files\AIM6\aim6.exe
C:\Documents and Settings\User\Local Settings\Application Data\Google\Update\GoogleUpdate.exe
C:\Program Files\SUPERAntiSpyware\SUPERAntiSpyware.exe
C:\Program Files\WIDCOMM\Bluetooth Software\BTTray.exe
C:\Program Files\ContentWatch\Internet Protection\cwsvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Acronis\Schedule2\schedul2.exe
C:\Program Files\Altiris\Altiris Agent\AeXNSAgent.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\agrsmsvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\bin\AppleMobileDeviceService.exe
C:\Program Files\Bonjour\mDNSResponder.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\InterVideo\RegMgr\iviRegMgr.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lxddcoms.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\spool\DRIVERS\W32X86\3\lxdnserv.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lxdncoms.exe
C:\Program Files\McAfee\Common Framework\FrameworkService.exe
C:\Program Files\McAfee\VirusScan Enterprise\Mcshield.exe
C:\Program Files\McAfee\VirusScan Enterprise\VsTskMgr.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\VS7DEBUG\mdm.exe
C:\Program Files\Viewpoint\Common\ViewpointService.exe
C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\Shared\hpqwmiex.exe
C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis\HijackThis.exe
C:\Program Files\AIM6\aolsoftware.exe

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.myspace.com/
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://go.microsoft....k/?LinkId=69157
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = http://go.microsoft....k/?LinkId=54896
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://go.microsoft....k/?LinkId=54896
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://go.microsoft....k/?LinkId=69157
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings,ProxyOverride = *.local
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QlbCtrl.exe] C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\HP Quick Launch Buttons\QlbCtrl.exe /Start
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [McAfeeUpdaterUI] "C:\Program Files\McAfee\Common Framework\UdaterUI.exe" /StartedFromRunKey
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ShStatEXE] "C:\Program Files\McAfee\VirusScan Enterprise\SHSTAT.EXE" /STANDALONE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SynTPEnh] C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPEnh.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AeXAgentLogon] C:\Program Files\Altiris\Altiris Agent\AeXAgentActivate.exe /logon
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Acronis Scheduler2 Service] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Acronis\Schedule2\schedhlp.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [TrueImageMonitor.exe] C:\Program Files\Acronis\TrueImageEchoWorkstation\TrueImageMonitor.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AcronisTimounterMonitor] C:\Program Files\Acronis\TrueImageEchoWorkstation\TimounterMonitor.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [cwcptray] C:\Program Files\ContentWatch\Internet Protection\cwtray.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [IgfxTray] C:\WINDOWS\system32\igfxtray.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HotKeysCmds] C:\WINDOWS\system32\hkcmd.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Persistence] C:\WINDOWS\system32\igfxpers.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [GrooveMonitor] "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12\GrooveMonitor.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AppleSyncNotifier] C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\bin\AppleSyncNotifier.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SunJavaUpdateSched] "C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_07\bin\jusched.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [iTunesHelper] "C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\QTTask.exe" -atboottime
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [TkBellExe] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe" -osboot
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AdobeCS4ServiceManager] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\CS4ServiceManager\CS4ServiceManager.exe" -launchedbylogin
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [ctfmon.exe] C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Aim6] "C:\Program Files\AIM6\aim6.exe" /d locale=en-US ee://aol/imApp /HIDEBL
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [lrijh8s73jhbfgfd] C:\DOCUME~1\User\LOCALS~1\Temp\winlognn.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Google Update] "C:\Documents and Settings\User\Local Settings\Application Data\Google\Update\GoogleUpdate.exe" /c
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [SUPERAntiSpyware] C:\Program Files\SUPERAntiSpyware\SUPERAntiSpyware.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Bluetooth.lnk = ?
O7 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System, DisableRegedit=1
O8 - Extra context menu item: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - res://C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\Office12\EXCEL.EXE/3000
O8 - Extra context menu item: Send to &Bluetooth Device... - C:\Program Files\WIDCOMM\Bluetooth Software\btsendto_ie_ctx.htm
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_07\bin\ssv.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_07\bin\ssv.dll
O9 - Extra button: Send to OneNote - {2670000A-7350-4f3c-8081-5663EE0C6C49} - C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\Office12\ONBttnIE.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: S&end to OneNote - {2670000A-7350-4f3c-8081-5663EE0C6C49} - C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\Office12\ONBttnIE.dll
O9 - Extra button: Research - {92780B25-18CC-41C8-B9BE-3C9C571A8263} - C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\Office12\REFIEBAR.DLL
O9 - Extra button: @btrez.dll,-4015 - {CCA281CA-C863-46ef-9331-5C8D4460577F} - C:\Program Files\WIDCOMM\Bluetooth Software\btsendto_ie.htm
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: @btrez.dll,-12650 - {CCA281CA-C863-46ef-9331-5C8D4460577F} - C:\Program Files\WIDCOMM\Bluetooth Software\btsendto_ie.htm
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {e2e2dd38-d088-4134-82b7-f2ba38496583} - C:\WINDOWS\Network Diagnostic\xpnetdiag.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: @xpsp3res.dll,-20001 - {e2e2dd38-d088-4134-82b7-f2ba38496583} - C:\WINDOWS\Network Diagnostic\xpnetdiag.exe
O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O10 - Unknown file in Winsock LSP: c:\windows\system32\cwalsp.dll
O16 - DPF: {6414512B-B978-451D-A0D8-FCFDF33E833C} (WUWebControl Class) - http://www.update.mi...b?1213385805796
O16 - DPF: {E06E2E99-0AA1-11D4-ABA6-0060082AA75C} (GpcContainer Class) - https://phoenix.webe...ort/ieatgpc.cab
O16 - DPF: {E5F5D008-DD2C-4D32-977D-1A0ADF03058B} (JuniperSetupSP1 Control) - https://juniper.net/...perSetupSP1.cab
O16 - DPF: {F27237D7-93C8-44C2-AC6E-D6057B9A918F} (JuniperSetupClient Control) - https://juniper.net/...SetupClient.cab
O18 - Protocol: grooveLocalGWS - {88FED34C-F0CA-4636-A375-3CB6248B04CD} - C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12\GrooveSystemServices.dll
O20 - AppInit_DLLs: jqzmrk.dll fkbtyv.dll zjzduw.dll eamkya.dll xxolae.dll
O20 - Winlogon Notify: !SASWinLogon - C:\Program Files\SUPERAntiSpyware\SASWINLO.dll
O20 - Winlogon Notify: iifeeBSj - iifeeBSj.dll (file missing)
O23 - Service: Acronis Remote Agent (AcronisAgent) - Acronis - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Acronis\Agent\agent.exe
O23 - Service: Acronis Scheduler2 Service (AcrSch2Svc) - Acronis - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Acronis\Schedule2\schedul2.exe
O23 - Service: Altiris Agent (AeXNSClient) - Altiris, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Altiris\Altiris Agent\AeXNSAgent.exe
O23 - Service: Agere Modem Call Progress Audio (AgereModemAudio) - Agere Systems - C:\WINDOWS\system32\agrsmsvc.exe
O23 - Service: Apple Mobile Device - Apple Inc. - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\bin\AppleMobileDeviceService.exe
O23 - Service: Bonjour Service - Apple Inc. - C:\Program Files\Bonjour\mDNSResponder.exe
O23 - Service: Bluetooth Service (btwdins) - Broadcom Corporation. - C:\Program Files\WIDCOMM\Bluetooth Software\bin\btwdins.exe
O23 - Service: ContentWatch (CwAltaService20) - ContentWatch, Inc. - C:\Program Files\ContentWatch\Internet Protection\cwsvc.exe
O23 - Service: FLEXnet Licensing Service - Acresso Software Inc. - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Macrovision Shared\FLEXnet Publisher\FNPLicensingService.exe
O23 - Service: hpqwmiex - Hewlett-Packard Development Company, L.P. - C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\Shared\hpqwmiex.exe
O23 - Service: iPod Service - Apple Inc. - C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
O23 - Service: IviRegMgr - InterVideo - C:\Program Files\Common Files\InterVideo\RegMgr\iviRegMgr.exe
O23 - Service: LexBce Server (LexBceS) - Lexmark International, Inc. - C:\WINDOWS\system32\LEXBCES.EXE
O23 - Service: lxddCATSCustConnectService - Lexmark International, Inc. - C:\WINDOWS\System32\spool\DRIVERS\W32X86\3\\lxddserv.exe
O23 - Service: lxdd_device - - C:\WINDOWS\system32\lxddcoms.exe
O23 - Service: lxdnCATSCustConnectService - Lexmark International, Inc. - C:\WINDOWS\System32\spool\DRIVERS\W32X86\3\\lxdnserv.exe
O23 - Service: lxdn_device - - C:\WINDOWS\system32\lxdncoms.exe
O23 - Service: McAfee Framework Service (McAfeeFramework) - McAfee, Inc. - C:\Program Files\McAfee\Common Framework\FrameworkService.exe
O23 - Service: McAfee McShield (McShield) - McAfee, Inc. - C:\Program Files\McAfee\VirusScan Enterprise\Mcshield.exe
O23 - Service: McAfee Task Manager (McTaskManager) - McAfee, Inc. - C:\Program Files\McAfee\VirusScan Enterprise\VsTskMgr.exe
O23 - Service: stllssvr - MicroVision Development, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Common Files\SureThing Shared\stllssvr.exe
O23 - Service: Viewpoint Manager Service - Viewpoint Corporation - C:\Program Files\Viewpoint\Common\ViewpointService.exe

--
End of file - 11391 bytes

thank you in advanced! :)

Advertisements

Essexboy

Essexboy

GeekU Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 69,964 posts
Hi there, well I don't know how they missed these nasties. So lets start killing shall we

Please re-open HiJackThis and scan. Check the boxes next to all the entries listed below.

O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [lrijh8s73jhbfgfd] C:\DOCUME~1\User\LOCALS~1\Temp\winlognn.exe
O20 - AppInit_DLLs: jqzmrk.dll fkbtyv.dll zjzduw.dll eamkya.dll xxolae.dll
O20 - Winlogon Notify: iifeeBSj - iifeeBSj.dll (file missing)

Now close all windows other than HiJackThis, then click Fix Checked. Close HiJackThis.

THEN

Please download the OTMoveIt3 by OldTimer.
  • Save it to your desktop.
  • Please double-click OTMoveIt3.exe to run it. (Note: If you are running on Vista, right-click on the file and choose Run As Administrator).
  • Copy the lines in the codebox below to the clipboard by highlighting ALL of them and pressing CTRL + C (or, after highlighting, right-click and choose Copy):

:Processes
    explorer.exe

:Files
    C:\DOCUME~1\User\LOCALS~1\Temp\winlognn.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\System32\jqzmrk.dll 
    C:\WINDOWS\System32\fkbtyv.dll 
    C:\WINDOWS\System32\zjzduw.dll 
    C:\WINDOWS\System32\eamkya.dll 
    C:\WINDOWS\System32\xxolae.dll
    C:\WINDOWS\System32\iifeeBSj.dll 

:Commands
    [purity]
    [emptytemp]
  • Return to OTMoveIt3, right click in the "Paste Instructions for Items to be Moved" window (under the yellow bar) and choose Paste.
  • Click the red Moveit! button.
  • Copy everything in the Results window (under the green bar) to the clipboard by highlighting ALL of them and pressing CTRL + C (or, after highlighting, right-click and choose copy), and paste it in your next reply.
  • Close OTMoveIt3
Note: If a file or folder cannot be moved immediately you may be asked to reboot the machine to finish the move process. If you are asked to reboot the machine choose Yes. In this case, after the reboot, open Notepad (Start->All Programs->Accessories->Notepad), click File->Open, in the File Name box enter *.log and press the Enter key, navigate to the C:\_OTMoveIt\MovedFiles folder, and open the newest .log file present, and copy/paste the contents of that document back here in your next post.

NEXT

Please download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware from Here or Here

Double Click mbam-setup.exe to install the application.
  • Make sure a checkmark is placed next to Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, then click Finish.
  • If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version.
  • Once the program has loaded, select "Perform Quick Scan", then click Scan.
  • The scan may take some time to finish,so please be patient.
  • When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.
  • Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.
  • When disinfection is completed, a log will open in Notepad and you may be prompted to Restart.(See Extra Note)
  • The log is automatically saved by MBAM and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.
  • Copy&Paste the entire report in your next reply.
Extra Note:
If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove,you will be presented with 1 of 2 prompts,click OK to either and let MBAM proceed with the disinfection process,if asked to restart the computer,please do so immediatly.

AND FINALLY FOR NOW

To ensure that I get all the information this log will need to be attached (instructions at the end) if it is to large to attach then upload to Mediafire and post the sharing link.

Download OTScanit2 to your Desktop and double-click on it to extract the files. It will create a folder named OTScanIt on your desktop.
  • Close ALL OTHER PROGRAMS.
  • Open the OTScanit folder and double-click on OTScanit.exe to start the program.
  • Check the box that says Scan All Users
  • Check the Radio button for Rootkit check YES
  • Under Additional Scans check the following:
    • File - Lop Check
    • File - Purity Scan
    • Evnt - EventViewer Errors/Warnings (last 10)
  • Now click the Run Scan button on the toolbar.
  • Let it run unhindered until it finishes.
  • When the scan is complete Notepad will open with the report file loaded in it.
  • Click the Format menu and make sure that Wordwrap is not checked. If it is then click on it to uncheck it.
Please attach the log in your next post.

To attach a file, do the following:
  • Click Add Reply
  • Under the reply panel is the Attachments Panel
  • Browse for the attachment file you want to upload, then click the green Upload button
  • Once it has uploaded, click the Manage Current Attachments drop down box
  • Click on Posted Image to insert the attachment into your post

Logs required : OTMoveit, MBAM and OTScanit attached

izzy1290

izzy1290

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
when i deleted the files it said that im not authorized to do regestry or something like that but i did another scan on hijackthis and the files were deleted so im not sure what that was about

but im gonna go ahead and move on with the next step.

izzy1290

izzy1290

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
1st Log
========== PROCESSES ==========
Process explorer.exe killed successfully.
========== FILES ==========
File/Folder C:\DOCUME~1\User\LOCALS~1\Temp\winlognn.exe not found.
File/Folder C:\WINDOWS\System32\jqzmrk.dll not found.
File/Folder C:\WINDOWS\System32\fkbtyv.dll not found.
File/Folder C:\WINDOWS\System32\zjzduw.dll not found.
File/Folder C:\WINDOWS\System32\eamkya.dll not found.
File/Folder C:\WINDOWS\System32\xxolae.dll not found.
File/Folder C:\WINDOWS\System32\iifeeBSj.dll not found.
========== COMMANDS ==========
File delete failed. C:\DOCUME~1\User\LOCALS~1\Temp\etilqs_aE6XpuZ2MIkZUGgXhL3F scheduled to be deleted on reboot.
File delete failed. C:\DOCUME~1\User\LOCALS~1\Temp\etilqs_aE6XpuZ2MIkZUGgXhL3F-journal scheduled to be deleted on reboot.
File delete failed. C:\DOCUME~1\User\LOCALS~1\Temp\etilqs_feC42n428jI8cXq6nAdJ scheduled to be deleted on reboot.
File delete failed. C:\DOCUME~1\User\LOCALS~1\Temp\etilqs_feC42n428jI8cXq6nAdJ-journal scheduled to be deleted on reboot.
File delete failed. C:\DOCUME~1\User\LOCALS~1\Temp\etilqs_GJ1ZW5eOLEQtEG9zzkjp scheduled to be deleted on reboot.
File delete failed. C:\DOCUME~1\User\LOCALS~1\Temp\etilqs_GJ1ZW5eOLEQtEG9zzkjp-journal scheduled to be deleted on reboot.
File delete failed. C:\DOCUME~1\User\LOCALS~1\Temp\etilqs_URr5RgDkIGtYUfVSBZsc scheduled to be deleted on reboot.
File delete failed. C:\DOCUME~1\User\LOCALS~1\Temp\etilqs_URr5RgDkIGtYUfVSBZsc-journal scheduled to be deleted on reboot.
User's Temp folder emptied.
User's Temporary Internet Files folder emptied.
User's Internet Explorer cache folder emptied.
Local Service Temp folder emptied.
File delete failed. C:\Documents and Settings\LocalService\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\index.dat scheduled to be deleted on reboot.
Local Service Temporary Internet Files folder emptied.
File delete failed. C:\WINDOWS\temp\WFV9.tmp scheduled to be deleted on reboot.
Windows Temp folder emptied.
Java cache emptied.
FireFox cache emptied.
Opera cache emptied.
Temp folders emptied.

OTMoveIt3 by OldTimer - Version 1.0.8.0 log created on 02012009_061333

Files moved on Reboot...
File C:\DOCUME~1\User\LOCALS~1\Temp\etilqs_aE6XpuZ2MIkZUGgXhL3F not found!
File C:\DOCUME~1\User\LOCALS~1\Temp\etilqs_aE6XpuZ2MIkZUGgXhL3F-journal not found!
File C:\DOCUME~1\User\LOCALS~1\Temp\etilqs_feC42n428jI8cXq6nAdJ not found!
File C:\DOCUME~1\User\LOCALS~1\Temp\etilqs_feC42n428jI8cXq6nAdJ-journal not found!
File C:\DOCUME~1\User\LOCALS~1\Temp\etilqs_GJ1ZW5eOLEQtEG9zzkjp not found!
File C:\DOCUME~1\User\LOCALS~1\Temp\etilqs_GJ1ZW5eOLEQtEG9zzkjp-journal not found!
File C:\DOCUME~1\User\LOCALS~1\Temp\etilqs_URr5RgDkIGtYUfVSBZsc not found!
File C:\DOCUME~1\User\LOCALS~1\Temp\etilqs_URr5RgDkIGtYUfVSBZsc-journal not found!
File move failed. C:\Documents and Settings\LocalService\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\index.dat scheduled to be moved on reboot.
C:\WINDOWS\temp\WFV9.tmp moved successfully.

2nd Log

Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware 1.33
Database version: 1712
Windows 5.1.2600 Service Pack 2

2/1/2009 6:33:34 AM
mbam-log-2009-02-01 (06-33-34).txt

Scan type: Quick Scan
Objects scanned: 61646
Time elapsed: 5 minute(s), 2 second(s)

Memory Processes Infected: 0
Memory Modules Infected: 0
Registry Keys Infected: 2
Registry Values Infected: 0
Registry Data Items Infected: 3
Folders Infected: 0
Files Infected: 1

Memory Processes Infected:
(No malicious items detected)

Memory Modules Infected:

Registry Keys Infected:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Ext\Stats\{ce7c3cf0-4b15-11d1-abed-709549c10000} (Trojan.BHO) -> Delete on reboot.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\instkey (Trojan.Vundo) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

Registry Values Infected:

Registry Data Items Infected:
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\regfile\shell\open\command\ (Broken.OpenCommand) -> Bad: ("regedit.exe" "%1") Good: (regedit.exe "%1") -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System\DisableRegistryTools (Hijack.Regedit) -> Bad: (1) Good: (0) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer\NoFolderOptions (Hijack.FolderOptions) -> Bad: (1) Good: (0) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

Folders Infected:

Files Infected:
C:\WINDOWS\system32\TDSSxehr.dll (Rootkit.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

3rd Log
Attached File  OTScanIt.Txt   184.36KB   100 downloads

Edited by izzy1290, 01 February 2009 - 09:06 AM.

Essexboy

Essexboy

GeekU Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 69,964 posts
And moving on :)

Start OTScanit. Copy/Paste the information in the quotebox below into the pane where it says "Paste fix here" and then click the Run Fix button.

[Unregister Dlls]
[Driver Services - Safe List]
YY -> (301c5990) 301c5990 [Kernel | System | Stopped] -> %SystemRoot%\system32\drivers\301c5990.sys
[Registry - Safe List]
< LSA Authentication Packages [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE] > -> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Lsa\\Authentication Packages
*LSA Authentication Packages* -> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Lsa\\Authentication Packages
YY -> C:\WINDOWS\system32\hgGwVnnL -> 
< LSA Authentication Packages [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE] > -> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Lsa\\Authentication Packages
[Files/Folders - Created Within 30 Days]
NY -> LnnVwGgh.ini2 -> %SystemRoot%\System32\LnnVwGgh.ini2
NY -> LnnVwGgh.ini -> %SystemRoot%\System32\LnnVwGgh.ini
NY -> 301c5990.sys -> %SystemRoot%\System32\drivers\301c5990.sys
NY -> glyzdena.job -> %SystemRoot%\tasks\glyzdena.job
NY -> TempDir -> %SystemRoot%\System32\TempDir
[Files/Folders - Modified Within 30 Days]
NY -> glyzdena.job -> %SystemRoot%\tasks\glyzdena.job
NY -> LnnVwGgh.ini -> %SystemRoot%\System32\LnnVwGgh.ini
NY -> LnnVwGgh.ini2 -> %SystemRoot%\System32\LnnVwGgh.ini2
NY -> 301c5990.sys -> %SystemRoot%\System32\drivers\301c5990.sys
[File - Lop Check]
NY -> glyzdena.job -> C:\WINDOWS\Tasks\glyzdena.job
[Empty Temp Folders]

The fix should only take a very short time. When the fix is completed a message box will popup telling you that it is finished. Click the Ok button and Notepad will open with a log of actions taken during the fix. Post that information back here along with a new Hijackthis log.

I will review the information when it comes back in.

Also let me know of any problems you encountered performing the steps above or any continuing problems you are still having with the computer.

izzy1290

izzy1290

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
OTScanIt Log

[Driver Services - Safe List]
Service 301c5990 stopped successfully!
Service 301c5990 deleted successfully!
C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\301c5990.sys moved successfully.
[Registry - Safe List]
Registry value HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Lsa\\Authentication Packages:C:\WINDOWS\system32\hgGwVnnL deleted successfully.
File not found.
[Files/Folders - Created Within 30 Days]
C:\WINDOWS\System32\LnnVwGgh.ini2 moved successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\System32\LnnVwGgh.ini moved successfully.
File C:\WINDOWS\System32\drivers\301c5990.sys not found!
C:\WINDOWS\tasks\glyzdena.job moved successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\System32\TempDir folder moved successfully.
[Files/Folders - Modified Within 30 Days]
File C:\WINDOWS\tasks\glyzdena.job not found!
File C:\WINDOWS\System32\LnnVwGgh.ini not found!
File C:\WINDOWS\System32\LnnVwGgh.ini2 not found!
File C:\WINDOWS\System32\drivers\301c5990.sys not found!
[File - Lop Check]
File C:\WINDOWS\Tasks\glyzdena.job not found!
[Empty Temp Folders]
File delete failed. C:\Documents and Settings\User\Local Settings\Temp\etilqs_a9mTq27q7UavfetZBUSw scheduled to be deleted on reboot.
File delete failed. C:\Documents and Settings\User\Local Settings\Temp\etilqs_a9mTq27q7UavfetZBUSw-journal scheduled to be deleted on reboot.
File delete failed. C:\Documents and Settings\User\Local Settings\Temp\etilqs_sWnuXyyWPfuTEnGMMAzB scheduled to be deleted on reboot.
File delete failed. C:\Documents and Settings\User\Local Settings\Temp\etilqs_sWnuXyyWPfuTEnGMMAzB-journal scheduled to be deleted on reboot.
User's Temp folder emptied.
User's Temporary Internet Files folder emptied.
User's Internet Explorer cache folder emptied.
Local Service Temp folder emptied.
File delete failed. C:\Documents and Settings\LocalService\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\index.dat scheduled to be deleted on reboot.
Local Service Temporary Internet Files folder emptied.
File delete failed. C:\WINDOWS\temp\WFVA.tmp scheduled to be deleted on reboot.
Windows Temp folder emptied.
Java cache emptied.
FireFox cache emptied.
Opera cache emptied.
RecycleBin -> emptied.
< End of fix log >
OTScanIt2 by OldTimer - Version 1.0.7.1 fix logfile created on 02012009_071647

Files moved on Reboot...
File C:\Documents and Settings\User\Local Settings\Temp\etilqs_a9mTq27q7UavfetZBUSw not found!
File C:\Documents and Settings\User\Local Settings\Temp\etilqs_a9mTq27q7UavfetZBUSw-journal not found!
File C:\Documents and Settings\User\Local Settings\Temp\etilqs_sWnuXyyWPfuTEnGMMAzB not found!
File C:\Documents and Settings\User\Local Settings\Temp\etilqs_sWnuXyyWPfuTEnGMMAzB-journal not found!
C:\Documents and Settings\LocalService\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\index.dat moved successfully.
File C:\WINDOWS\temp\WFVA.tmp not found!

Registry entries deleted on Reboot...

Hijackthis Log

Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.2
Scan saved at 7:24:19 AM, on 2/1/2009
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v8.00 (8.00.6001.18241)
Boot mode: Normal

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\Program Files\WIDCOMM\Bluetooth Software\bin\btwdins.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\LEXBCES.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\LEXPPS.EXE
C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\HP Quick Launch Buttons\QlbCtrl.exe
C:\Program Files\McAfee\Common Framework\UdaterUI.exe
C:\Program Files\McAfee\VirusScan Enterprise\SHSTAT.EXE
C:\Program Files\McAfee\Common Framework\McTray.exe
C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPEnh.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Acronis\Schedule2\schedhlp.exe
C:\Program Files\Acronis\TrueImageEchoWorkstation\TrueImageMonitor.exe
C:\Program Files\Acronis\TrueImageEchoWorkstation\TimounterMonitor.exe
C:\Program Files\ContentWatch\Internet Protection\cwtray.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\igfxtray.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\hkcmd.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\igfxpers.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\igfxsrvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12\GrooveMonitor.exe
C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_07\bin\jusched.exe
C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
C:\Program Files\AIM6\aim6.exe
C:\Documents and Settings\User\Local Settings\Application Data\Google\Update\GoogleUpdate.exe
C:\Program Files\SUPERAntiSpyware\SUPERAntiSpyware.exe
C:\Program Files\WIDCOMM\Bluetooth Software\BTTray.exe
C:\Program Files\ContentWatch\Internet Protection\cwsvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Acronis\Schedule2\schedul2.exe
C:\Program Files\Altiris\Altiris Agent\AeXNSAgent.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\agrsmsvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\bin\AppleMobileDeviceService.exe
C:\Program Files\Bonjour\mDNSResponder.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\InterVideo\RegMgr\iviRegMgr.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lxddcoms.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\spool\DRIVERS\W32X86\3\lxdnserv.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lxdncoms.exe
C:\Program Files\McAfee\Common Framework\FrameworkService.exe
C:\Program Files\McAfee\VirusScan Enterprise\Mcshield.exe
C:\Program Files\McAfee\VirusScan Enterprise\VsTskMgr.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\VS7DEBUG\mdm.exe
C:\Program Files\Viewpoint\Common\ViewpointService.exe
C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\Shared\hpqwmiex.exe
C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
C:\Program Files\AIM6\aolsoftware.exe
C:\Program Files\Safari\Safari.exe
C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis\HijackThis.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\msfeedssync.exe

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.myspace.com/
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://go.microsoft....k/?LinkId=69157
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = http://go.microsoft....k/?LinkId=54896
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://go.microsoft....k/?LinkId=54896
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://go.microsoft....k/?LinkId=69157
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings,ProxyOverride = *.local
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QlbCtrl.exe] C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\HP Quick Launch Buttons\QlbCtrl.exe /Start
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [McAfeeUpdaterUI] "C:\Program Files\McAfee\Common Framework\UdaterUI.exe" /StartedFromRunKey
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ShStatEXE] "C:\Program Files\McAfee\VirusScan Enterprise\SHSTAT.EXE" /STANDALONE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SynTPEnh] C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPEnh.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AeXAgentLogon] C:\Program Files\Altiris\Altiris Agent\AeXAgentActivate.exe /logon
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Acronis Scheduler2 Service] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Acronis\Schedule2\schedhlp.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [TrueImageMonitor.exe] C:\Program Files\Acronis\TrueImageEchoWorkstation\TrueImageMonitor.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AcronisTimounterMonitor] C:\Program Files\Acronis\TrueImageEchoWorkstation\TimounterMonitor.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [cwcptray] C:\Program Files\ContentWatch\Internet Protection\cwtray.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [IgfxTray] C:\WINDOWS\system32\igfxtray.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HotKeysCmds] C:\WINDOWS\system32\hkcmd.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Persistence] C:\WINDOWS\system32\igfxpers.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [GrooveMonitor] "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12\GrooveMonitor.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AppleSyncNotifier] C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\bin\AppleSyncNotifier.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SunJavaUpdateSched] "C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_07\bin\jusched.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [iTunesHelper] "C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\QTTask.exe" -atboottime
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [TkBellExe] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe" -osboot
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AdobeCS4ServiceManager] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\CS4ServiceManager\CS4ServiceManager.exe" -launchedbylogin
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [ctfmon.exe] C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Aim6] "C:\Program Files\AIM6\aim6.exe" /d locale=en-US ee://aol/imApp /HIDEBL
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Google Update] "C:\Documents and Settings\User\Local Settings\Application Data\Google\Update\GoogleUpdate.exe" /c
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [SUPERAntiSpyware] C:\Program Files\SUPERAntiSpyware\SUPERAntiSpyware.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Bluetooth.lnk = ?
O8 - Extra context menu item: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - res://C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\Office12\EXCEL.EXE/3000
O8 - Extra context menu item: Send to &Bluetooth Device... - C:\Program Files\WIDCOMM\Bluetooth Software\btsendto_ie_ctx.htm
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_07\bin\ssv.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_07\bin\ssv.dll
O9 - Extra button: Send to OneNote - {2670000A-7350-4f3c-8081-5663EE0C6C49} - C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\Office12\ONBttnIE.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: S&end to OneNote - {2670000A-7350-4f3c-8081-5663EE0C6C49} - C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\Office12\ONBttnIE.dll
O9 - Extra button: Research - {92780B25-18CC-41C8-B9BE-3C9C571A8263} - C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\Office12\REFIEBAR.DLL
O9 - Extra button: @btrez.dll,-4015 - {CCA281CA-C863-46ef-9331-5C8D4460577F} - C:\Program Files\WIDCOMM\Bluetooth Software\btsendto_ie.htm
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: @btrez.dll,-12650 - {CCA281CA-C863-46ef-9331-5C8D4460577F} - C:\Program Files\WIDCOMM\Bluetooth Software\btsendto_ie.htm
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {e2e2dd38-d088-4134-82b7-f2ba38496583} - C:\WINDOWS\Network Diagnostic\xpnetdiag.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: @xpsp3res.dll,-20001 - {e2e2dd38-d088-4134-82b7-f2ba38496583} - C:\WINDOWS\Network Diagnostic\xpnetdiag.exe
O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O16 - DPF: {6414512B-B978-451D-A0D8-FCFDF33E833C} (WUWebControl Class) - http://www.update.mi...b?1213385805796
O16 - DPF: {E06E2E99-0AA1-11D4-ABA6-0060082AA75C} (GpcContainer Class) - https://phoenix.webe...ort/ieatgpc.cab
O16 - DPF: {E5F5D008-DD2C-4D32-977D-1A0ADF03058B} (JuniperSetupSP1 Control) - https://juniper.net/...perSetupSP1.cab
O16 - DPF: {F27237D7-93C8-44C2-AC6E-D6057B9A918F} (JuniperSetupClient Control) - https://juniper.net/...SetupClient.cab
O18 - Protocol: grooveLocalGWS - {88FED34C-F0CA-4636-A375-3CB6248B04CD} - C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12\GrooveSystemServices.dll
O20 - Winlogon Notify: !SASWinLogon - C:\Program Files\SUPERAntiSpyware\SASWINLO.dll
O23 - Service: Acronis Remote Agent (AcronisAgent) - Acronis - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Acronis\Agent\agent.exe
O23 - Service: Acronis Scheduler2 Service (AcrSch2Svc) - Acronis - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Acronis\Schedule2\schedul2.exe
O23 - Service: Altiris Agent (AeXNSClient) - Altiris, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Altiris\Altiris Agent\AeXNSAgent.exe
O23 - Service: Agere Modem Call Progress Audio (AgereModemAudio) - Agere Systems - C:\WINDOWS\system32\agrsmsvc.exe
O23 - Service: Apple Mobile Device - Apple Inc. - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\bin\AppleMobileDeviceService.exe
O23 - Service: Bonjour Service - Apple Inc. - C:\Program Files\Bonjour\mDNSResponder.exe
O23 - Service: Bluetooth Service (btwdins) - Broadcom Corporation. - C:\Program Files\WIDCOMM\Bluetooth Software\bin\btwdins.exe
O23 - Service: ContentWatch (CwAltaService20) - ContentWatch, Inc. - C:\Program Files\ContentWatch\Internet Protection\cwsvc.exe
O23 - Service: FLEXnet Licensing Service - Acresso Software Inc. - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Macrovision Shared\FLEXnet Publisher\FNPLicensingService.exe
O23 - Service: hpqwmiex - Hewlett-Packard Development Company, L.P. - C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\Shared\hpqwmiex.exe
O23 - Service: iPod Service - Apple Inc. - C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
O23 - Service: IviRegMgr - InterVideo - C:\Program Files\Common Files\InterVideo\RegMgr\iviRegMgr.exe
O23 - Service: LexBce Server (LexBceS) - Lexmark International, Inc. - C:\WINDOWS\system32\LEXBCES.EXE
O23 - Service: lxddCATSCustConnectService - Lexmark International, Inc. - C:\WINDOWS\System32\spool\DRIVERS\W32X86\3\\lxddserv.exe
O23 - Service: lxdd_device - - C:\WINDOWS\system32\lxddcoms.exe
O23 - Service: lxdnCATSCustConnectService - Lexmark International, Inc. - C:\WINDOWS\System32\spool\DRIVERS\W32X86\3\\lxdnserv.exe
O23 - Service: lxdn_device - - C:\WINDOWS\system32\lxdncoms.exe
O23 - Service: McAfee Framework Service (McAfeeFramework) - McAfee, Inc. - C:\Program Files\McAfee\Common Framework\FrameworkService.exe
O23 - Service: McAfee McShield (McShield) - McAfee, Inc. - C:\Program Files\McAfee\VirusScan Enterprise\Mcshield.exe
O23 - Service: McAfee Task Manager (McTaskManager) - McAfee, Inc. - C:\Program Files\McAfee\VirusScan Enterprise\VsTskMgr.exe
O23 - Service: stllssvr - MicroVision Development, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Common Files\SureThing Shared\stllssvr.exe
O23 - Service: Viewpoint Manager Service - Viewpoint Corporation - C:\Program Files\Viewpoint\Common\ViewpointService.exe

--
End of file - 11156 bytes

Essexboy

Essexboy

GeekU Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 69,964 posts
OK that does not look to bad - lets sweep for orphans now, how is your computer running ?

Please download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware from Here or Here

Double Click mbam-setup.exe to install the application.
  • Make sure a checkmark is placed next to Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, then click Finish.
  • If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version.
  • Once the program has loaded, select "Perform Quick Scan", then click Scan.
  • The scan may take some time to finish,so please be patient.
  • When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.
  • Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.
  • When disinfection is completed, a log will open in Notepad and you may be prompted to Restart.(See Extra Note)
  • The log is automatically saved by MBAM and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.
  • Copy&Paste the entire report in your next reply.
Extra Note:
If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove,you will be presented with 1 of 2 prompts,click OK to either and let MBAM proceed with the disinfection process,if asked to restart the computer,please do so immediatly.

izzy1290

izzy1290

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
yeah well the annoying little on-access virus detection doesnt keep popping up when im surfing the web. everything looks good. start up is going a lot faster than earlier so something is happening LOL.

heres the MBAM Log

Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware 1.33
Database version: 1713
Windows 5.1.2600 Service Pack 2

2/1/2009 9:01:10 AM
mbam-log-2009-02-01 (09-01-10).txt

Scan type: Quick Scan
Objects scanned: 61575
Time elapsed: 5 minute(s), 27 second(s)

Memory Processes Infected: 0
Memory Modules Infected: 0
Registry Keys Infected: 1
Registry Values Infected: 0
Registry Data Items Infected: 0
Folders Infected: 0
Files Infected: 0

Memory Processes Infected:

Memory Modules Infected:

Registry Keys Infected:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Ext\Stats\{ce7c3cf0-4b15-11d1-abed-709549c10000} (Trojan.BHO) -> Delete on reboot.

Registry Values Infected:

Registry Data Items Infected:

Folders Infected:

Files Infected:

Essexboy

Essexboy

GeekU Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 69,964 posts
OK then in the words of the immoral bard ........

Now the best part of the day ----- Your log now appears clean :)

A good workman always cleans up after himself so...Download and run this small programme and hit the cleanup button. It will remove all the programmes we have used plus itself. MBAM can be uninstalled via control panel add/remove along with ERUNT. But they may be useful tools to keep

We will now confirm that your hidden files are set to that, as some of the tools I use will change that
  • Click Start.
  • Open My Computer.
  • Select the Tools menu and click Folder Options.
  • Select the View Tab.
  • Under the Hidden files and folders heading select Do not show hidden files and folders.
  • Click Yes to confirm.
  • Click OK.

Please download JavaRa to your desktop and unzip it to its own folder
  • Run JavaRa.exe, pick the language of your choice and click Select. Then click Remove Older Versions.
  • Accept any prompts.
  • Open JavaRa.exe again and select Search For Updates.
  • Select Update Using Sun Java's Website then click Search and click on the Open Webpage button. Download and install the latest Java Runtime Environment (JRE) version for your computer.

XP
Now to get you off to a good start we will clean your restore points so that all the bad stuff is gone for good. Then if you need to restore at some stage you will be clean. There are several ways to reset your restore points, but this is my method:
  • Select Start > All Programs > Accessories > System tools > System Restore.
  • On the dialogue box that appears select Create a Restore Point
  • Click NEXT
  • Enter a name e.g. Clean
  • Click CREATE
You now have a clean restore point, to get rid of the bad ones:
  • Select Start > All Programs > Accessories > System tools > Disk Cleanup.
  • In the Drop down box that appears select your main drive e.g. C
  • Click OK
  • The System will do some calculation and the display a dialogue box with TABS
  • Select the More Options Tab.
  • At the bottom will be a system restore box with a CLEANUP button click this
  • Accept the Warning and select OK again, the program will close and you are done

Now that you are clean, to help protect your computer in the future I recommend that you get the following free programmes: It is critical to have both a firewall and anti virus to protect your system and to keep them updated.

To keep your operating system up to date visit

To learn more about how to protect yourself while on the internet read our little guide How did I get infected in the first place ?
Keep safe :)

izzy1290

izzy1290

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
thank you soo much. you have no idea how much i appreciate your guys service on these forums. you saved me some cash and time with out a laptop. again thank you!! :)

Essexboy

Essexboy

GeekU Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 69,964 posts
Since this issue appears to be resolved ... this Topic has been closed. Glad we could help. :)

If you're the topic starter, and need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member with the address of the thread.

Everyone else please begin a New Topic.