Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

eMachine T2596 No video on screen...

• Please log in to reply

Infolookup

Infolookup

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hello all:

System info

Serial number: AIV3A40301457

First time posting!

I have a PC I am working on and I am a bit puzzled.

Story:

User called and the system was running really slow due to the fact of her having Limewire and getting infected with viruses.....

I tried booting the PC from ERD 2007/UBCD4WIN amount a few others and I was unable to get the system to stay on long enough for me to copy the files, it kept freezing up.

After a while I would boot the system up and it wouldn't post at all i get is the light on the front of the tower which is orange, and No video, no beep nothing.

I changed the PSU, and Memory nothing at this point.

Tried a working monitor still nothing.

If its the mother board any idea what a good replacement might be since this system is close to 5 yrs old?

Edited by Infolookup, 01 February 2009 - 09:47 AM.

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
eMachines typically last three years and they all get killed by the Bestec power supplies that come with the computers which malfunctions, sends 20 volts through the board and cooks it to death.
The boards are cheap pieces of garbage anyway so even a budget board will be better than what you have now.
You'd need to replace the board and the power supply and who's to say the hard drive has an issue as well? It may not be worth doing for a machine of that age.

Infolookup

Infolookup

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
If I am to replace the mother board do you have a recommendation in mine, something that will fix the standard case that came with the eMachine.