Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Microphone (in perfect condition) doesn't work

• Please log in to reply

EagerToLearn

EagerToLearn

• PipPip
  • 30 posts
Mi microphone doesn't record any sound and this is the second mike that I try; it's a brand new mike.

This has happened before and I thought it was a problem with the mike itself, but when I formatted my computer, the mike started working again. So I knew it had been a problem with the system.
The mike worked fine after the formatting, but after some time, it stopped recording sounds again. I don't want to format my PC again, so I bought a new microphone hoping that the problem was the mike. Bit this new mike doesn't work either...

So there's definitely something going on with the system. I don't think it's a hardware issue, because the speakers work fine. They should be messed up too if it was a hardware problem.

I already reinstalled the mainboard CD using the repair option to refresh all the controllers that might have gotten screwed up in the last months. But, still, the mike doesn't work.

I have already checked all the options in my PC and it all indicates that it's all fine. The options related to sound detection are not silenced. It should be working in theory.

I also ran the hardware test and it gives me the message that there was no sound detected as if there is no mike connected.

What's going on?
What can I do?

Attached Thumbnails

• ok.PNG
  • test.PNG

Edited by EagerToLearn, 01 February 2009 - 12:52 PM.

Advertisements