Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

HELP! my PSP crashed

• Please log in to reply

howell414

howell414

• PipPip
  • 23 posts
hi guys,
my friend screwed around with his PSP by inserting a UMD disc which requires the latest patch for his PSP. upon inserting the said UMD dics his PSP showed a pop screen which peobably said; " ...you must update to version xxxx..." he propbably selected the "yes" and now his PSP is not working. the scren just goes blank... please help!!

Advertisements

Holkeye

Holkeye

• PipPip
  • 37 posts
Did you have a custom firmware installed before trying to update?
If so, what version was it?

howell414

howell414

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
i think the firmware was factory installed. there was no attempt to flash the firmware. it just happened that the pop up message was seen after inserting an unsupported game which was FIFA. in the said pop up message they pressed "yes". then the screen went blank. now the unit powers on but the screen stays "black". is there a way we can install the original firmware then update it to the latest. also im not really familair with PSP flashing procedures. it would be good if you8 can walk me through it. thank you.

Holkeye

Holkeye

• PipPip
  • 37 posts
I've never heard of anything like that happening. Sorry, man.