Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Emails on yahoo get blank after sometime leaving no body, subject and

• Please log in to reply

Xamir

Xamir

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi,

I am using yahoo mail and since this morning I am unable to view anything in many of my emails. It has happened twice since this morning.

All the emails entries are being displayed as normal in inbox including the size and attachment icon if there is any.

1.jpg

But when I click on any email to open it, it is shown as blank with "no email subject" and in "TO" field it says.. "Un-disclosed recipient"... :) However, the FROM field is showing the sender email address as normal.

2.jpg

When an email is first received, it is opened without any problem, but after some time when I try to open the same email message again, it opens up as empty email (like the one in above image) with above mentioned symptoms. I've checked everything... I am not logged in from any other location, I am not using multiple yahoo windows, I am not logged in to yahoo from any mobile device. I have also tried to open these emails from other computers, but no use. I have checked IE7, firefox and google Chrome, the problem is the same on all these browsers that means the problems is not at my end.

It seems that those email details are lost on yahoo servers. I really need to reply to some of my emails regarding job applications but they are not loading at all. When I try to reply or forward these empty messages, ERROR CODE 6 comes up with other tips and details. I have already tried those tips but no use.

3.jpg

I have checked every folder, and it is happening in all of them including SENT folder. I have also tried switching to ALL NEW YAHOO mode, it is happening there as well. Again I switched back to CLASSIC mode, but the problem is still there. I have also tried sending the same details to yahoo customer support using their problem reporting forms but they haven't replied yet.

Note: This thing is happening since this morning (10:00am UAE time. 1-Feb-2009) and happened first time ever.

Please help.

XAMIR

Advertisements

karbo

karbo

• PipPipPip
  • 131 posts
My guess is that the problem is on Yahoo's side. Be REALLY patient with Yahoo's customer support. It will take quite a few days before you get an answer, if you ever get one. Also, check back later or tomorrow, the problem might be a known issue for Yahoo and chances are it will be resolved.

Team Intense

Team Intense

• PipPip
  • 12 posts
must be ISP related. try to use other PC and check if same thing happens.

Xamir

Xamir

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

must be ISP related. try to use other PC and check if same thing happens.

Tried this as well...

Email is working fine now... but what was lost still hasn't recovered yet :)