Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

New Comp help

• Please log in to reply

Antimsaash

Antimsaash

• PipPip
  • 96 posts
This is what i have in mind for my new computer... Is it good?

CASE: CoolerMaster Centurion 590 RC-590 Mid-Tower 420W Case
Extra Case Fan Upgrade: Extra 3-Color Neon Light LED Case Fan (2 x Fans)
POWER SUPPLY Upgrade: 800 Watts Power Supplies (Xion SuperNova Power Supply - Quad SLI Ready)
CPU: Intel® Core™ i7-920 2.66 GHz 8M L3 Cache LGA1366
COOLING FAN : CoolerMaster V8 Gaming CPU Cooling Fan (Extreme Silent Operation at only 22dBA + Overclock Proof)
MOTHERBOARD: (3-Way SLI Support) GigaByte GA-EX58-UD4P Intel X58 Chipset SLI/CrossFireX Ultra Durable™3 Mainboard Triple-Channel DDR3/1600 SATA RAID w/ eSATA, Dual GbLAN, USB2.0, IEEE1394a, & 7.1Audio
MEMORY: 6GB (2GBx3) DDR3/1600MHz Triple Channel Memory Module (Corsair or Major Brand)
VIDEO CARD: NVIDIA GeForce GTX295 X2 1.7GB 16X PCIe Video Card (EVGA Powered by NVIDIA)
HARD DRIVE: Single Hard Drive (750GB SATA-II 3.0Gb/s 16MB Cache 7200RPM HDD)
Optical Drive: (Special Price) LG 20X DVD±R/±RW + CD-R/RW DRIVE DUAL LAYER (BLACK COLOR)
Optical Drive 2: 16X DVD ROM (BLACK COLOR)
SOUND: Creative Labs SB X-Fi Xtreme Audio 24-BIT PCI Sound Card
NETWORK: Intel Pro Gigabite 10/100/1000 Network Card
MODEM: PCI 56K V.92 FAX MODEM W/ VOICE
KEYBOARD: Logitech Deluxe 250 USB Keyboard (Black Color)
MOUSE: XtremeGear Optical USB 3 Buttons Gaming Mouse
USB PORT: Built-in USB 2.0 Ports
OS: Microsoft® Windows Vista™ Home Premium w/ Service Pack 1 (64-bit Edition)

Advertisements

kamille316

kamille316

• PipPipPip
  • 604 posts
Hi Antimsaash,

Can you tell us if this is pre-built or just parts (and you will be building it yourself)?
What is the price for this computer?
What are you going to use the computer for?
Will you be overclocking?

Thanks,
Kamille

Edited by kamille316, 02 February 2009 - 12:23 PM.

Antimsaash

Antimsaash

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 96 posts

Hi Antimsaash,

Can you tell us if this is pre-built or just parts (and you will be building it yourself)?
What is the price for this computer?
What are you going to use the computer for?
Will you be overclocking?

Thanks,
Kamille

Hi

It is just parts that i'm going to assemble. The price of the computer is $1652.00.. It is mainly for graphics design and gaming.. Like 3d rendering and stuff. About overclock, i do not know how to do it and i am pretty unaware of the term overclock...

Thanks

kamille316

kamille316

• PipPipPip
  • 604 posts
Hi Antimsaash,

There's a few things I would change, here are my suggestions:

For Computer Case, I suggest you go with a Full size ATX case because the GTX 295 video card you have is big and might not fit that mid-size ATX case. The video card is 10.5" long. Something like the Coolermaster HAF 932 or the Antec Twelve Hundred would fit this GTX 295 without overlapping the hard drive cage.

For Power Supply, I suggest something like Corsair 850W as its a better quality and it is also the cheapest good brand 850W power supply.

For the hard drive, what brand is that one you picked? Western Digital, Seagate and Samsung are very reliable.

Select Corsair for your RAM as I don't know what Major Brand is.

Note that there's a combo deal for the Motherboard and CPU you selected at Newegg.

What is overclocking? Read up here. You must know what you're doing before overclocking because if you make a mistake, there are risks such as frying your computer parts.

Hope that helps.
Kamille