Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Not sure how to describe this issue!

• Please log in to reply

Lancer525

Lancer525

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I have the most annoying issue with my Dell Latitude D800, running WinXP.

Whenver I am typing in a window, say for example, writing an email in Yahoo! Mail, as I'm typing, the cursor jumps to wherever the touchpad or mouse is. In other words, if I have the little arrow pointing at a few lines before where I am typing, after a few seconds, and always in the middle of typing something, suddenly the little vertical line that follows where you are typing jumps to wherever the arrow from the mouse is.

I have no idea why it does this, and it doesn't do it on my desktop.

There is some "automatic" setting that needs to be changed, but I have no idea what it is, where it is or what to do about it.

I hope this explanation has been good enough for people to follow, but if not, please let me know, and I will try to explain better.

Please help!

Advertisements