Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Modbook

• Please log in to reply

mpinsky

mpinsky

• PipPipPip
  • 130 posts
After being a PC user for approximately 11-12 years, I am thinking of switching over to the Apple operating system by getting a Modbook (since I do graphic design).

I have heard good things about this modified Apple laptop, and know it has won some awards (I look foward to seeing how it's Wacom technology works). I tried a very rough prototype of it when I was at San Diego Comic Con 2007 and enjoyed it's capablities (of course, since it was a prototype, I knew that improvements were to come).

Any other advice/recommendations on this modified Apple laptop?

Thank you. :)

Advertisements

DragonMaster Jay

DragonMaster Jay

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 826 posts
Hello there, mpinsky!

The Wacom technology uses a pen tablet availability and display. This is very good technology in graphic design. Great choice!

Are you a student in college, or vocational graphic design?

mpinsky

mpinsky

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 130 posts
I am a student.

I read some reviews on it and heard it was ungodly heavy for it's size, but honestly, it sounds like the coolest thing.

I have a Graphire 3 right now, and while it works well, it's a bit clunky, and I like seeing what I do right on the screen. :)

DragonMaster Jay

DragonMaster Jay

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 826 posts
The modbook is a great priced item as well. :)