Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Lost Admin Privileges on XP Pro after creating another user account

• Please log in to reply

VanPan

VanPan

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I AM the computer administrator but of course listening to windows I decided to create another user account that did not have administrative permissions for security purposes. Now I can't log on as administrator at ALL! For a while, the welcome screen would come up with no icons to choose the user account. Now I finally do get an icon (the chess pieces) and I can log in but it has no administrative permissions. I have my user name, I know my password, I just can't get the opportunity to enter them. Please help.

Advertisements

nambinhvu

nambinhvu

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Simple solution to that. When at the login screen press ctrl alt del twice or ctrl alt del del and then type in your administrator account name and password in the text box. You should then create an account with administrator privileges from there. Hope that helps.